Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What's Your Personality Type?

http://www.blogthings.com/mbtiquiz/

There are other surveys on the left too.

Mind you, this is a watered down version of the Keirsey Temperament Index:

http://keirsey.com/frame.html

Wikipedia Entry

Similar is the Myers & Briggs:

Myers && Briggs Personality Test

which is something that some people believe in, others don't. The very first link (blogsthings one) is just for entertainment value, but it pegged me very close to how the full Keirsey did.

I'm willing to bet that a great lot of us here on SSS will end up very similar to each other, and that most of you will end up almost identical to the people you get along with the best.

Enjoy?

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The best test of character is how you act when things are at their worst. There are no character profiles out there that can predict that. I once applied for a sales job and they said all applicants had to take a personality profile. I do not take those. Obviously, my interview was very short. However, I do hope that my refusal to take the profiles you posted above does not make our friendship short, as that would make me sad.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

However, I do hope that my refusal to take the profiles you posted above does not make our friendship short, as that would make me sad.

Not at all! Like i said, some people believe in them, some do not, and that's fine. We're still buds! :thu:

In addition, i agree that this would be in no way an all-inclusive exposition of someone's living persona, and that other situations can be very revealing- i.e. your observation about "when everything is at their worst".

Fortunately, people and their personalities are too complex and far too multifaceted to be completely understood. I like a little magic and mystery thrown in. :D

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

That's scary. It may be just for fun, but it's extremely accurate.

You're very clever, but not disciplined enough to do well in structured environments.

You live a flexible life, bouncing between a series of activies that interest you.

You are also unconventional, irreverant, and unimpressed by authority and rules.

Incredibly perceptive, you can usually sense if someone has hidden motives.

You are a natural performer and happiest when you're entertaining others.

You are analytical and logical - and on a quest to learn everything you can.

Your biggest pet peeve is people who slow you down with trivial chit chat.

A quiet maverick, you tend to ignore rules and authority whenever you feel like it.

I can't disagree with any of this.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Sure, I'll give it a shot, why not? :)

Here you go - my results:

Your #1 Match: ESFP

The Performer

A great friend, you are generous, fun-loving and optimistic.

You love to laugh - and you like almost all people equally.

You accept life as it is, and you do your best to make each day fantastic.

You would make a good actor, designer, or counselor.

Your #2 Match: ISFP

The Artist

You are a gifted artist or musician (though your talents may be dormant right now).

You enjoy spending your free time in nature, and you are good with animals and children.

Simply put, you enjoy bueaty in all its forms and live for the simple pleasures in life.

Gentle, sensitive, and compassionate - you are good at recognizing people's unspoken needs.

You would make a good veterinarian, pediatrician, or composer.

Your #3 Match: ESFJ

The Caregiver

You are sympathetic and caring, putting friends and family first.

A creature of habit, you prefer routines and have trouble with change.

You love being in groups - whether you're helping people or working on a project.

You are good at listening, laughing, and bringing out the best in people.

You would make a great nurse, social worker, or teacher.

Your #4 Match: ESTP

The Doer

You are adventurous and risk taking. You act first, think second.

You love being the center of attention. Chances are you were the class clown.

Competitive, charming, and charasmatic - you have your own code of honor.

You live a flexible life, bouncing between a series of activies that interest you.

You would make a great salesperson, marketing director, or entrepreneur.

Your #5 Match: ENFP

The Inspirer

You love being around people, and you are deeply committed to your friends.

You are also unconventional, irreverant, and unimpressed by authority and rules.

You use lots of colorful language and expressions. You're qutie the storyteller!

You would make an excellent entrepreneur, politician, or journalist.

There... more than anyone could possibly want to know (although I've had so many psych / personality / IQ tests over the years, SOMEBODY apparently wanted to know :rolleyes: )

I'll leave it to others to decide upon the accuracy of the results.

Here's mine...

Your #1 Match: INTP

The Thinker

Smart and complex, you always love a new intellectual challenge.

A quiet maverick, you tend to ignore rules and authority whenever you feel like it.

You would make an excellent mathematician, programmer, or professor.

Your #2 Match: ISTP

The Mechanic

You are calm and collected, even in the most difficult of situations.

A person of action and self-direction, you love being independent.

To outsiders yous eem impulsive, surprising, and unpredictable.

You are good at understanding how all things work, except for people.

You would make an excellent pilot, forensic pathologist, or athlete.

Your #3 Match: INFP

The Idealist

You are creative with a great imagination, living in your own inner world.

Open minded and accepting, you strive for harmony in your important relationships.

It takes a long time for people to get to know you. You are hesitant to let people get close.

But once you care for someone, you do everything you can to help them grow and develop.

You would make an excellent writer, psychologist, or artist.

Your #4 Match: INTJ

The Scientist

You have a head for ideas - and you are good at improving systems.

Logical and strategic, you prefer for everything in your life to be organized.

You tend to be a bit skeptical. You're both critical of yourself and of others.

Independent and stubborn, you tend to only befriend those who are a lot like you.

You would make an excellent scientist, engineer, or programmer.

Your #5 Match: ISFP

The Artist

You are a gifted artist or musician (though your talents may be dormant right now).

You enjoy spending your free time in nature, and you are good with animals and children.

Simply put, you enjoy bueaty in all its forms and live for the simple pleasures in life.

Gentle, sensitive, and compassionate - you are good at recognizing people's unspoken needs.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Your #1 Match: ISTJ

The Duty Fulfiller

You are responsible, reliable, and hardworking - you get the job done.You prefer productive hobbies, like woodworking or knittings.Quiet and serious, you are well prepared for whatever life hands you.Conservative and down-to-earth, you hardly ever do anything crazy.You would make a great business executive, accountant, or lawyer.

The Mechanic

You are calm and collected, even in the most difficult of situations.A person of action and self-direction, you love being independent.To outsiders yous eem impulsive, surprising, and unpredictable.You are good at understanding how all things work, except for people.You would make an excellent pilot, forensic pathologist, or athlete.

Your #3 Match: ESTJ

The Guardian

You're a natural leader and quick, logical decision maker.Goals are important in your life, and you take many steps to acheive them.You enjoy interacting with others, mostly through work related activities.Your high energy level means you are great at getting things done!You would make a great teacher, judge, or police detective.

Your #4 Match: ESTP

The Doer

You are adventurous and risk taking. You act first, think second.You love being the center of attention. Chances are you were the class clown.Competitive, charming, and charasmatic - you have your own code of honor.You live a flexible life, bouncing between a series of activies that interest you.You would make a great salesperson, marketing director, or entrepreneur.

Your #5 Match: INTJ

The Scientist

You have a head for ideas - and you are good at improving systems.Logical and strategic, you prefer for everything in your life to be organized.You tend to be a bit skeptical. You're both critical of yourself and of others.Independent and stubborn, you tend to only befriend those who are a lot like you.You would make an excellent scientist, engineer, or programmer.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Dak: Forensic pathologist? Bwaaaa haaaa haaaaaa. I can just see you now: "Oh screw this test, she's too damn ugly anyway" Bwaaaa haaaa haaaaa.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Well, I feel I know you all so much better now!

Originally posted by Super 8:

I took the personality test at the Dr Phil website, and I have 9 out of 10 of the personality characteristics of a serial killer. :)

Well let's just hope then that the 1 trait you DON'T have is something like "follow-through" or the like ... :D

I've taken M-B tests a few times in my life ... I think they can be fairly accurate in a general sense. At least I do see a correlation to myself and others with the categories. Still very general, tho. I find it most fascinating when applied to how individuals arrive at decisions.

In case anyone cares, every time I take this test I am _NFP, but almost equally split between "E" and "I" scores for that first category.

Now don't you feel you know me so much better? :)

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

I've taken the Myers-Briggs in the past...I'm an INTP.

On a related note, a test done in England compared successful business executives with the criminally insane. Their profiles dove-tailed quite nicely:

...In fact, the business population was as likely as the prison and psychiatric populations to demonstrate the traits associated with narcissistic personality disorder: grandiosity, lack of empathy, exploitativeness and independence. They were also as likely to have traits associated with compulsive disorder: stubbornness, dictatorial tendencies, perfectionism and an excessive devotion to work.*
But I'm sure this comes as a surprise to no one!!

*Source: New York Times

"If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Your #1 Match: ESFP

The Performer

A great friend, you are generous, fun-loving and optimistic.

You love to laugh - and you like almost all people equally.

You accept life as it is, and you do your best to make each day fantastic.

You would make a good actor, designer, or counselor.

Your #2 Match: ESTP

The Doer

You are adventurous and risk taking. You act first, think second.

You love being the center of attention. Chances are you were the class clown.

Competitive, charming, and charasmatic - you have your own code of honor.

You would make a great salesperson, marketing director, or entrepreneur.

Your #3 Match: ISFP

The Artist

Your #4 Match: ISTP

The Mechanic

You are calm and collected, even in the most difficult of situations.

A person of action and self-direction, you love being independent.

To outsiders yous eem impulsive, surprising, and unpredictable.

You are good at understanding how all things work, except for people.

Your #5 Match: ENFP

The Inspirer

You love being around people, and you are deeply committed to your friends.

You use lots of colorful language and expressions. You're qutie the storyteller!

You would make an excellent entrepreneur, politician, or journalist.

Did anyone take the test a second time, while altering the answers to those questions asked where you were on the borderline???

If so, did all of the categories change, or just certain ones?

Here's the results of mine had I gone with the answers that I debated on which to put down.

Your #1 Match: ENTJ

The Executive

You are a natural leader - with confidence and strength that inspires others.

Driven to succeed, you are always looking for ways to gain, power, knowledge, and expertise.

Sometimes you aren't the most considerate person, especially to those who are a bit slow.

You are not easily intimidated - and you have a commanding, awe-inspiring presence.

You would make a great CEO, entrepreneur, or consultant.

Your #2 Match: ENTP

The Visionary

You are charming, outgoing, friendly. You make a good first impression.

You possess good negotiating skills and can convince anyone of anything.

Happy to be the center of attention, you love to tell stories and show off.

You're very clever, but not disciplined enough to do well in structured environments.

You would make a great entrpreneur, marketing executive, or actor.

Your #3 Match: INTJ

The Scientist

You have a head for ideas - and you are good at improving systems.

Logical and strategic, you prefer for everything in your life to be organized.

You tend to be a bit skeptical. You're both critical of yourself and of others.

Independent and stubborn, you tend to only befriend those who are a lot like you.

Your #4 Match: INTP

The Thinker

Smart and complex, you always love a new intellectual challenge.

Your #5 Match: ENFJ

The Giver

You strive to maintain harmony in relationships, and usually succeed.

Articulate and enthusiastic, you are good at making personal connections.

Sometimes you idealize relationships too much - and end up being let down.

You find the most energy and comfort in social situations ... where you shine.

You would make a good writer, human resources director, or psychologist.

I guess I'm hard core Scientist and Thinker; no matter which side of the fence I answered from. :D

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

I have taken the Myers-Briggs a few times over the years since I was ~15.

I am an ENFP, with a weak "E" and a strong "NFP."

---

Wow, edit, I just took the online one, and it said I was now an "I." :eek:

Maybe I would not argue.

cheers,

aeon

Go tell someone you love that you love them.

Heh, Aeon, I was the exact same way!

I found the same thing, regarding I and E. Used to be more "E" in me. I think when you take this test in high school, you think socially that you want to party, party, party. Well, I did anyway. My answers to all social questions would certainly reflect that.

But then as you get older and have so much crap going on in your life, you tend to think of a quiet evening at home, without some obligation pressing on you, as a real treat. It's not that I like being around people any less, but my "me" time is a lot less now, so when I have time, that is generally what I seek.

It kinda makes one out to be more hermetic than may be accurate, tho.

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

You "DO" know about Red X in Riverside, don't you?

I live in Riverside, and I've never heard of it... ;):D

I just went through the phone book and I can't find a listing either. :confused::D

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Here's mine:

Your #1 Match: INTP

The Thinker

You are analytical and logical - and on a quest to learn everything you can. Smart and complex, you always love a new intellectual challenge. Your biggest pet peeve is people who slow you down with trivial chit chat. A quiet maverick, you tend to ignore rules and authority whenever you feel like it.

The Mechanic

You are calm and collected, even in the most difficult of situations. A person of action and self-direction, you love being independent. To outsiders yous eem impulsive, surprising, and unpredictable. You are good at understanding how all things work, except for people.

Your #3 Match: INTJ

The Scientist

You have a head for ideas - and you are good at improving systems. Logical and strategic, you prefer for everything in your life to be organized. You tend to be a bit skeptical. You're both critical of yourself and of others. Independent and stubborn, you tend to only befriend those who are a lot like you.

Your #4 Match: ENTP

The Visionary

You are charming, outgoing, friendly. You make a good first impression. You possess good negotiating skills and can convince anyone of anything. Happy to be the center of attention, you love to tell stories and show off. You're very clever, but not disciplined enough to do well in structured environments.

You would make a great entrpreneur, marketing executive, or actor.

Your #5 Match: ISTJ

The Duty Fulfiller

You are responsible, reliable, and hardworking - you get the job done. You prefer productive hobbies, like woodworking or knittings. Quiet and serious, you are well prepared for whatever life hands you. Conservative and down-to-earth, you hardly ever do anything crazy.

You would make a great business executive, accountant, or lawyer.

The Kiersey test said I was a Rationalist...

Originally posted by geekgurl:

Heh, Aeon, I was the exact same way!

ENFP RULES! :thu:

Is There Gas In The Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I didn't write any of the results down, but was interested in the fact that two of the results said I'd be a good teacher! Something I've never given a first thought to, let alone a second. Another result had me down as a possible photographer, which I've done. Interesting. The only question I couldn't answer was #11, which gave the choice of either thinking about the present or the future. For some reason these days, I've been thinking a lot about the past.

Maybe those of you who's results listed you as a possible psycologist could take this one?

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Originally posted by geekgurl:

Well, I feel I know you all so much better now!

Originally posted by Super 8:

I took the personality test at the Dr Phil website, and I have 9 out of 10 of the personality characteristics of a serial killer. :)

Well let's just hope then that the 1 trait you DON'T have is something like "follow-through" or the like ... :D

In case anyone cares, every time I take this test I am _NFP, but almost equally split between "E" and "I" scores for that first category.

Now don't you feel you know me so much better? :)

Actually, I took the test some years ago and was an INFP. Big time dreamer.

INFPs focus deeply on their values, and they devote their lives to pursuing the ideal. They often draw people together around a common purpose and work to find a place for each person within the group. They are creative, and they seek new ideas and possibilities. They quietly push for what is important to them, and they rarely give up. While they have a gentleness about them and a delightful sense of humor, they may be somewhat difficult to get to know and may be overlooked by others. They are at their best making their world more in line with their internal vision of perfection.

That's a fair description of me.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Originally posted by 4-Dak Recorder:

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

You "DO" know about Red X in Riverside, don't you?

I live in Riverside, and I've never heard of it... ;):D

I just went through the phone book and I can't find a listing either. :confused::D
Anywho listing on Red X

I just LOVE the way they lump the "HARDWARE" into the name of the place. For any here in the K.C. area that are familiar with the place; the LIQUOR section is far bigger than the tiny little outback room they call a hardware store. There's another section to the store that does sell hardware, but it is closed better than half of the time. :freak: I don't go there that often because it's in BIKER town, but when I'm over that way for a reason... you betcha I'm going to pick up a couple of fifth's while I'm in the neighborhood :D

The problem with a profile questionnaire like that is that so many items are NOT either-or, and therefore the questions themselves are false. Try this one:

12. When faced with a problem, what do you use to solve it?

-Creativity and new ideas

-Common sense and a step by step approach

These are far from mutually exclusive; in fact, a good case could be made that they are one and the same. A common-sense, step-by-step approach to any new problem almost guarantees that you'll need to be creative and generate new ideas in the process of solving that problem. And if that's not the case, have you really encountered a problem at all?

Bogus questions (IMO) in this series include:

4, 6, 14, 15, 17, 19, 20, 27, 34, 36

They all present false dichotomies.

EDIT: I just did the survey. It's way off. It says I'm a natural-born leader and I'm charismatic! LOL! It also says I'm driven.... Reading this profile is like reading a horoscope or a fortune cookie. They're blowing sunshine, folks.

I used to think I was Libertarian. Until I saw their platform; now I know I'm no more Libertarian than I am RepubliCrat or neoCON or Liberal or Socialist.

This ain't no track meet; this is football.

Archived