Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you take a certain mathematical curve that asymptotically approaches the x-axis, but never quite touches it, and then rotate that curve about the x-axis, you get a 3-dimensional shape that looks like a trumpet bell, with the skinny end stretching out to infinity.

You can prove mathematically that it encloses a finite volume, but that the surface area of the shape is infinite.

Which is odd, because if you made a paint can that shape and tipped it bell-end upwards, you could fill it with paint, but never paint all of the inside.

I bought a sax though, so I went ahead and got the lacquered one.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows:

I am not a postaholic.

I can quit any time I want.

You're in denial. You've been to Egypt, right? I mean, with all of your extensive travels, I assume you've been there. ;)

The bad thing about the "denial" argument is that you can't easily counter it. Even if you're NOT in denial, when someone accuses you of that, you're in a Catch 22 situation. If you respond "I am not in denial", they take that as further evidence that you ARE in denial. If you say "yes I am in denial", then you've agreed with them, even though you have offered no further evidence of denial. :freak:

PS Just because I have over 12K posts doesn't mean I'm addicted or anything... ;)

IBM has made many improvements to its mainframe operating system, zOS, such that many parmlib changes do not require an IPL but can be dynamically modified. Go Big Blue!
There are two theories about arguing with a woman. Neither one works.

Originally posted by Ani:

:wave:

This reminds me of something Silent Bob would have said...

Speaking of Silent Bob, I finally saw a "Jay and Silent Bob" movie last night on Comedy Central... I think it was called "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" or something like that. Pretty darned funny! :D

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Originally posted by Spencer Crewe:

....ah yes - homemade French Toast!!!

:love:

PS I'll be at your place at 0'dark thirty tomorrow morning, and I'll expect breakfast to be ready when I get there. ;)

The opposite corner of the continent for breakfast....you jet-setter, you!! :D:D

Just so you know, for every slice of bread, I use 1 egg!

1 Slice = 1 egg

3 slices = 3 eggs

MMmmmmmm...that's a TASTY heart attack! :thu:

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Seriously, if any of you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods (St. John's airport is frequented by a significant number of trans-Atlantic flights) and you've got a couple of hours to spare call me up, I'm in the book.

And it's all day breakfast at my place!! What can I say? It's my favorite meal.....mostly because I'm so hungry when I wake up.

Come to think of it, I'm hungry now...I haven't eaten in a couple of hours :eek:

Cheers!

Spencer

Originally posted by Guitar Geezer:

http://www.visionflow.net/travel/seattle03/5spot/frenchtoast.jpg

slobberdroolslobberslurpmmmmmm!!

That'd be damn tasty right a'boots now....

Cheers!

Spencer

Dammit! The coffee shop downsairs is closed for the day and I've got at least 2 hours before supper (or dinner, what-have-you). I'm gonna be canabalistic by then.....

:cry:

Meesa hungee!

Spencer

BTW, Botch fantastic sig. I only noticed it about an hour ago....

Anyhoo, folks, I'm gone for the day. I'll see you all back here first thing in the AM. Phil, you're french toast will be waiting with some piping hot coffee.

Cheers!

Spencer

Mmmmmm.

French toast.

Mmmmmm. Bacon.

Mmmmmm. 3 pages! :D

**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Ewww!

Lowered fat means lowered taste.

I'd rather eat tasty stuff and die a little younger than eat low fat crap and spend my final days wondering who's gonna change my diaper.

**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Originally posted by Ouizel:

Ewww!

I'd rather eat tasty stuff and die a little younger than eat low fat crap and spend my final days wondering who's gonna change my diaper.

This is truth. This is truthitude, this is veracitatious, this is rightastic.

Seriously.

2 pages and counting...

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Mmmm. Bacon!

http://www.tomsdomain.com/recipes/images/bacon/baconserving.jpg

Originally posted by Ouizel:

Ewww!

Easy now! A few cutbacks helped me lower my cholesterol. I plan on being 90 and spending my days chasing GMILFs. :D (they don't have a proper Graemlin for 'chasing GMILFs')

And whilst I am eating those fake eggs, I still can't resist good old pork meat. Whether it be bacon, sausage or good polish kielbasa.

http://www.dawnanddrew.com/drew/photolog/images/kielbasa.jpg

Archived