Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP JD Souther

Outkaster

I heard about that this morning. JD Souther was an excellent but otherwise forgotten songwriter, and it’s amazing how many songs he wrote or co-wrote for the Eagles. I actually have his debut solo album that he recorded for Asylum Records in 1972 (and is also notable for being one of the first albums to be issued by Asylum Records.)

40 minutes ago, Ivan May said:

I heard about that this morning. JD Souther was an excellent but otherwise forgotten songwriter, and it’s amazing how many songs he wrote or co-wrote for the Eagles. I actually have his debut solo album that he recorded for Asylum Records in 1972 (and is also notable for being one of the first albums to be issued by Asylum Records.)

Same here, and my thoughts too. RIP. 

• Like 1

Here for the gear.

A great quote from the Variety article......

“There was definitely a period of time where people would occasionally say to me, ‘Doesn’t it piss you off that the Eagles have these big hits off your songs?’ I would usually start saying, ‘Would you like to see the checks?'” Souther said in an interview with the Creative Independent. “Pissed off? How could I be pissed off? Even Glenn Frey once said — and he was kind of joking because he knows how the royalty thing works — but he said, ‘One of the reasons JD didn’t have a bigger solo career is because he gave us or Linda Ronstadt most of his best songs.’ And that’s sort of true. The closest I got to being really famous was during the ‘You’re Only Lonely’ period, and I really didn’t like it that much, frankly. It’s a relief in some ways, though it also doesn’t pay quite as well.”

RIP to a very talented songwriter.....

• Like 1

This song gets me as I am going through it now. His harmonies are great here with James Taylor

• Like 1

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com