Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keith McMillen, RIP (maybe OT)

That is sad and unexpected. I can't remember if I met Keith while he was at Zeta (I almost bought their MIDI cello before it became unavailable), but my recollection is that his self-named company was down the street from my office in Berkeley CA pre-COVID. It is highly likely that he visited now and then as we worked with all the local music tech companies, including Dave Smith, Roger Linn and Don Buchla. The music tech community in the Bay Area is tight-knit.

• Like 5

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Oh no, very sorry to hear this. I believe he was relatively young. I had some interaction with him through a piece he wrote for Kronos Quartet, utilizing bespoke MIDI controller bows. A true innovator in music technology. RIP Keith.

• Like 4
Scott Fraser

Great gear has his name on it, own a few pieces and they are top quality, will be missed, Rest In Peace. 

• Like 1

1997 PRS CE24, 1981 Greco MSV 850, 1991 Greco V 900, 2 2006 Dean Inferno Flying Vs, 1987 Gibson Flying V, 2000s Jackson Dinky/Soloist, 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio,