Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New MPC OS!

12 hours ago, zeronyne said:

Loopop's Video Explainer

This is a drastic update...almost like a new machine. For modern MPC OS boxes.

Yup saw the intro video, perfect timing, bought my Key 37 about 2 months ago!

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

I'm excited, yet, I'm worried. I know Akai's history of introducing bugs with the simplest updates. 

I'm also surprised that they announced that they have no plans to update the computer software in 2024 and projects created on the new version would not transfer to the computer version of MPC.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

There are people who use current gen MPC units as mastering tool.   No idea whether they consider it the best mastering tool or if they even care as long as they get the results they want from their current tool.

Every current gen MPC comes with MPC software which runs on a computer as a DAW, and integrates with the MPC, with the MPC serving as hardware controller for the DAW.

Current gen MPCs can also export projects to Ableton Live.   Not all MPC users take advantage of that feature though. 

Some prefer to do everything inside the MPC.  Others treat the MPC as just one tool in their toolbox.

It looks very tasty, just hope it doesn't has too many major changes in how to navigate etc. as I just spent a lot of time programming my brain and body on the current interface.. 🤪

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

Excellent update. Especially for users who spend a lot of time in the box.

This makes the MPC a standalone hardware DAW. Great tool for a travel music production studio too.

It will also give music directors greater flexibility when arranging live performances.

Akai is doing in right in terms of supporting their flagship product.

Other KB manufacturers should take note. This is how EX is done.😎

• Like 2

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"