Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

UEFA EURO 2024

Can't wait until tomorrow, two real thrillers awaiting one after the other!!

😬

• Like 1

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

Germany played really well in the first game, they dominated Scotland with a 5-1 win. It was an impressive game to watch, especially as it was the first game of the competition. However, I'm a big Griezmann and Mbappe fan, so my favorite team is France. They have a great chance this year, mainly because they got into the World Cup final in 2022. Speaking of other interesting football championships, I've also been following the United States Major League. The games between Inter Miami vs. Charlotte have been fascinating. Seeing how the MLS is growing and attracting more attention is fascinating.

1 hour ago, Jose EB5AGV said:

🎉

Congrats, buddy.

But that hand ball was a clear cut penalty for Germany. The ref really messed up there.

local: Korg Nautilus 61 AT | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer | 16" MBP M1 Max

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

11 minutes ago, zephonic said:

But that hand ball was a clear cut penalty for Germany. The ref really messed up there.

There was an offside just before, it was shown later on TV, so the referee didn't mess it

• Thanks 1

Torn.  Don't really root for any of the Euro teams so much but I can't stand Ronaldo.   So normally I love it when the Fightin' Ronaldos lose, however they definitely seemed like the better team in the minutes I got to see today.

I hate penalty shootouts.   Hate them in pro soccer and disliked them when my kids played :)    I understand it's a necessary evil due to the exhaustion but if I could wave a wand I'd probably let them sub in and out more (like college soccer does) as many times as they like, and keep playing until someone wins actually playing soccer and not winning a mini-game.   That said, because teams would start subbing just to kill the time you'd also need an actual game clock like college soccer uses.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zephonic said:

Congrats, buddy.

It was ball to hand anyway, there was no intent to handle the ball.

If it had been reviewed there was an offside first.

All well and it ended well with Germany going out, they fouled left right and center.  

The Ref was very lenient with some particularly so called “professional” fouls by the German players.

Germany v Spain was a pretty good match whereas France v Portugal was a damp squid of a match, how France are through with their dull boring play and so call superstars in Griesman and Mbappe failing to deliver.

Best quote by TV punters here in the UK……..

”Ronaldo has taken 58 direct free kicks in International football and scored one goal”.

Beggars belief that Managers still allow him to take free kicks with that abysmal success record.

How many misses would a Punter in the NFL be allowed before his was benched or contract terminated?

Feck u

2 hours ago, Wrrtyuuiioop said:

It was ball to hand anyway, there was no intent to handle the ball.

If it had been reviewed there was an offside first.

All well and it ended well with Germany going out, they fouled left right and center.  

The Ref was very lenient with some particularly so called “professional” fouls by the German players.

There was no shortage on the Spanish side. Literally embracing a player from behind in mid-run and smacking him in the throat? Another where the hand went straight to the groin… 

Nah, man, that was an awesome game, especially towards the end, nobody held back. Lines were crossed, much was called, but it was pretty even in most regards. 

I felt the Spanish played the slighty more elegant game, but my wife disagrees. 

One thing to note was that the first Spanish goal was German defense messing up — they simply weren’t there when they should have been. 
The German goal was a good one, and like the third or fourth attempt during that attack, but it did not happen due to Spanish oversight. The defense were everywhere. 

I don’t really have an opinion on the hand play call, but it does make the call against Denmark seem even more unfair.

I'm cool with Spain winning; it was a great game, and either side winning would have seemed fair to me.

And I don’t even like football. 

• Like 2

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

5 minutes ago, analogika said:

There was no shortage on the Spanish side. Literally embracing a player from behind in mid-run and smacking him in the throat? Another where the hand went straight to the groin… 

Nah, man, that was an awesome game, especially towards the end, nobody held back. Lines were crossed, much was called, but it was pretty even in most regards. 

I felt the Spanish played the slighty more elegant game, but my wife disagrees. 

One thing to note was that the first Spanish goal was German defense messing up — they simply weren’t there when they should have been. 
The German goal was a good one, and like the third or fourth attempt during that attack, but it did not happen due to Spanish oversight. The defense were everywhere. 

I don’t really have an opinion on the hand play call, but it does make the call against Denmark seem even more unfair.

I'm cool with Spain winning; it was a great game, and either side winning would have seemed fair to me.

And I don’t even like football. 

Totally with you here, great teams, great football, great match!

I favoured Spain for imho being a bit more alert and energetic, but as a whole the game felt very even!

• Like 1

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

56 minutes ago, J.F.N. said:

Totally with you here, great teams, great football, great match!

I favoured Spain for imho being a bit more alert and energetic, but as a whole the game felt very even!

It was somewhat agonic but finally my country team did it 🥳

Next step is France 🚀🏆

6 minutes ago, Jose EB5AGV said:

It was somewhat agonic but finally my country team did it 🥳

Next step is France 🚀🏆

Yeah, please beat the H out of them!!!

:D

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Respect to Turkey, they gave us hell. But in the end I think we earned the victory.

• Like 1

Final probably will be Spain — England,

If Holland makes it to the end, have no chance against Spain as in 2010 (world cup)

Nederland's don't know how to win finals

5 minutes ago, mobi said:

Final probably will be Spain — England,

If Holland makes it to the final, have no chance against Spain as in 2010 (world cup)

England didn't do an amazing cup so far imho, I would bet Spain vs Netherlands....

• Like 2

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Once again the eye test  (though to be fair I didn't get to watch the whole thing) favored England's opponent.   It took a truly great shot by Saka (just like it took an amazing bicycle by Bellingham the game before) to tie the match.   England just looks like they don't have a plan to score.   

That Turkey vs Netherlands game was quite entertaining.  Both teams were going for it.   

As a US fan, the "we'll never know, but...." feeling is that it would have been the US getting drilled by Columbia much like Columbia did to Panama and like they did the last time the two played.    The US is not on the top tier in Copa.

On 7/6/2024 at 5:48 PM, Stokely said:

As a US fan, the "we'll never know, but...." feeling is that it would have been the US getting drilled by Columbia much like Columbia did to Panama and like they did the last time the two played.    The US is not on the top tier in Copa.

I've posted this before, but it's just that good:

Eeeeeviiiiiiva España !!!!

21 minutes ago, Jose EB5AGV said:

GO SPAIN !!! 🥳

Who else will be at the final? 😁

Most likely The Netherlands unless the British has put together some miracle constellation for tomorrow!

• Like 1

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

On 7/6/2024 at 8:48 PM, Stokely said:

The US is not on the top tier in Copa.

But her northern neighbour is.  Tonight it’s Canada vs Argentina, the Maritime Messi vs the real Messi, in the first Copa semi-final.  Canada’s men’s national team getting this far in a major soccer tournament is like an obscure Buenos Aries minor pro hockey team meeting the Florida Panthers for a trip to the Stanley Cup final.

(We’re not all historically bad at soccer.  Our women’s national team are defending Olympic champions, but Canadian women are better than Canadian men at almost anything they put their mind to.):snax:

Allez Canada!

"I like rock and roll, man, I don't like much else."  John Lennon 1970

2 hours ago, Jose EB5AGV said:

GO SPAIN !!! 🥳

Who else will be at the final? 😁

That was a great game, France finally woke up and started playing the way they should have from day one.

This felt like the real Final. I don’t think either England or Netherlands will be able to put up as much resistance as France did. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zephonic said:

That was a great game, France finally woke up and started playing the way they should have from day one.

This felt like the real Final. I don’t think either England or Netherlands will be able to put up as much resistance as France did. 

Sweet of La Roja to permit the frenchies to do one goal so at least they didn't have to go home with zero scores in-game in the whole cup...

:D

• Haha 1

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Thrilling, 1-1 in half time, lucky brits getting a penalty opportunity!!!

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -