Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keb Mo’s newest young keyboardist, Dane Farnsworth.

I’m not sure how many folks on our forum are familiar with Keb  Mo, and his music but I’ve been following his career and loving his music for about 16 years.  I love his mixing of Delta slide blues with a bit of a Jazz and Pop edge.  He also writes some very uplifting songs and has a wonderful sense of humor that find its way into his work.  He has had some great musicians in his bands through the years with Kevin So (Keys) and Vail Johnson (bass) to name a couple.  
  I do a handful of his tunes in my solo/ duo show and have seen him live a half dozen times.  The band is a little smaller these days with Casey  Wasner (Drums) Zachariah Witcher (bass) and Dane Farnsworth from Portland, Maine on Keys.  
   The last two shows I’ve seen has introduced me to Farnsworth, who is the newest member and is playing some super tasty Piano and Organ while looking like he’s having the time of his life. I’m wondering if any of our keyboard family is familiar with him or some of his other work.  He’s definitely a great addition to the Keb’Mo shows and his featured solos are a highlight for myself. 

I didn't know Dane had gotten that gig, even though I'm friends with him on FB. I know him from his time in Mingo Fishtrap, an Austin-based horn band and one of my favorites. (Mingo is currently on hiatus because their leader/singer/guitar player Roger Blevins, Jr. is going through cancer treatments. :( ) In fact, I was at a Tab Benoit show the other week and the drummer looked familiar. When Tab mentioned his name, I realized it was the drummer from Mingo Fistrap, Chip Vayenas. Chip alternates with Tab's other drummer.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Great talent.  Met him a couple of times back in 2004, and jammed a couple of times with his dad (RIP) who was quite a good drummer.

• Like 2

Hardware

Yamaha DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1/Roland VR-760/Hydrasynth Deluxe/

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 5/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX