Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So, who's hangin' tonight?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's almost 4am, got home recently from a night out dancing. A place on 34th & Madison, called "Coda", used to be a bank. Hip-hop, too expensive, bachelorette party and girls falling down. Shrug. My most recent ex-gf called while I was on my way there, and said she was going out someplace else. Then we got cut off, and she didn't call back. That was a confusing message. Thinking about that all night. What does it MEAN??!@?# Crap.

Before that was a poker game, my first time to leave with more money than I bought in with. Go me.

Before that was a metal matinee show at ABC No Rio, the 'famous' punk rock place in the Lower East Side. A killer band called Withered from Atlanta played.. for what must have been the lamest crowd ever. Seriously, what is it with NYC crowds? I've seen rowdier action at a retirement community. 20 people standing around, maybe a little head-nodding at the very most as -- hell unfolded before their very eyes!!! Then they politely applauded and filed out when the set was over. I'm from a small town in West Texas, and whenever a band that gnarly would play, holy cow, the kids would be all crazygonuts. Piling on top of each other, swinging from the rafters, piggyback rides, huge whirlwind pits, frenzied humping... bananas, off the hook. I've lived here 5 years; I still don't know what's wrong with these wuss 'rocker' people. The most non-rocking rockers ever. They're usually pouting too, like little bitches. WTF. Enjoy yourself or go buy a damn iced frapaccino double latte, lame-o.

So I managed to reinstall Win 98 on friend's laptop. Got more things configured, few programs installed. And so I'm in the file explorer and it freezes. Reboot, go back in... then freezes... reboot, now it can't find the fucking REGISTRY again, and gives the VFAT error AGAIN. Now I have to tell him he wasted $450 of his financial aid, probably won't be able to sell this broke-ass laptop, and should get an iBook!!!

My folks are in New Zealand this week. If the house survives intact, great. If not, oh, well. At least they should be safe, half way 'round the world.

Good to hear Neil.... I'm certainly concerned for Craig who is right down there in the middle of this.

Originally posted by big K:

I am not up to much,, but since your here....

gig next thursday,

I have 2 sm58's 2 sm57's a bata 57 a audix om6/7 (the high sensitiveity one) a at3030 (the side addes one) and a d112. and 2 berringer ecm8000's

for DI's I have a radisal mk2, and a DOD active something or other.

I have to do punk bands, so what should I use on what?

cround is about 150 people, can will be running 1 sub and 1 top per side.

monitor mixes TBA.

thoughts?

Hi, Kevin! :wave:

Punk bands? Leave the AT mic at home. Don't even bring it to the venue. :D

You probably already know all this, but here goes:

*2 58's up front on vox/BG vox.

*2 57's on rhythm & lead guitar cabs (at an angle on the best speaker cone in the cab).

*Beta 57 on snare top (to taste - beware reckless drummers!)

*D112 on kick (duh)

*Bass - use the best DI

The Behringer mics might come in handy as backup earplugs. :P

*Only use the Audix if you really need an extra vocal mic. It's a little too nice to drag out on stage for a punk band, unless you really need it. Tell them to be nice with it.

Good luck with your gig! :thu:

Originally posted by Ani:

My folks are in New Zealand this week. If the house survives intact, great. If not, oh, well. At least they should be safe, half way 'round the world.

Good to hear Neil.... I'm certainly concerned for Craig who is right down there in the middle of this.
No doubt. Hopefully Craig will be as far on the North fringe as I think my parents' home is on the South. He certainly needs the break, as I'm sure do his neighbors. :(

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by Bunny Gannon:

Originally posted by big K:

I am not up to much,, but since your here....

gig next thursday,

I have 2 sm58's 2 sm57's a bata 57 a audix om6/7 (the high sensitiveity one) a at3030 (the side addes one) and a d112. and 2 berringer ecm8000's

for DI's I have a radisal mk2, and a DOD active something or other.

I have to do punk bands, so what should I use on what?

cround is about 150 people, can will be running 1 sub and 1 top per side.

monitor mixes TBA.

thoughts?

Hi, Kevin! :wave:

Punk bands? Leave the AT mic at home. Don't even bring it to the venue. :D

You probably already know all this, but here goes:

*2 58's up front on vox/BG vox.

*2 57's on rhythm & lead guitar cabs (at an angle on the best speaker cone in the cab).

*Beta 57 on snare top (to taste - beware reckless drummers!)

*D112 on kick (duh)

*Bass - use the best DI

The Behringer mics might come in handy as backup earplugs. :P

*Only use the Audix if you really need an extra vocal mic. It's a little too nice to drag out on stage for a punk band, unless you really need it. Tell them to be nice with it.

Good luck with your gig! :thu:

ye that was basically what I was thinking, wondering if you would chose a beta on a gtr cab, or snare.

I will leave the good stuff at home.

Kevin Nemrava

Archived