Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So, who's hangin' tonight?

I'm at work. No gig. Quiet Saturday night. Just watching the satellite pics of that damnable hurricane starting to come ashore...getting ready to listen in to the 9 pm Tropical Prediction Center conference call...

If you're bored...no gig, nothing on TV...feel free to hang awhile. (shrug)

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tedster:

I'm at work. No gig. Quiet Saturday night. Just watching the satellite pics of that damnable hurricane starting to come ashore...getting ready to listen in to the 9 pm Tropical Prediction Center conference call...

If you're bored...no gig, nothing on TV...feel free to hang awhile. (shrug)

:)

Well until my power and/or phone line goes out, i'll be here...

Whassup with U tonite, Tedster???

I am, sort of. Just got done recording a bunch of bass and drum tracks today - it went GREAT, we got even more done than we'd planned and it sounds awesome!

So, I have a little work to do tonight, but otherwise just chillin'. And probably running down to the studio every now and then to have another listen to the tracks. :D

Trancedelic, hope you're OK there. :( My dad lives right near you and he's sure his power will be out soon too. Hope everybody stays safe.

Just looking at the current weather observations...Palm Beach International...winds westerly 49 kts gusting to 60. I expect it'll get more interesting as the night moves on. Palm Beach is south of the eye...looks like Vero Beach or Ft. Pierce...

Stay safe, Trance...

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

Just got done recording a bunch of bass and drum tracks today - it went GREAT, we got even more done than we'd planned and it sounds awesome!

Don't be so damn productive! ;)

Well...'bout 4pm today I had a bunch of gear powered up...ready to do some mixing, of a song that's just about finished...but...

...having just gotten my ADK CE mic a few days ago (it's killer...see my thread on Phil's forum for more info)...I was contemplating re-recording the lead vocal with the new CE.

Well...6 drag-ass hours later...

1. I went through a bunch of mic cables...sorting, winding, labeling with colored tape...basically undoing some spaghetti...

2. Also went through a lot of my mics...re-packed them properly in their cases...did some minor fixin'...cleaning...got some silk pouches for them...

3. Burned some CD's of some pre-recorded music...

4. Wandered mindlessly around the studio...doing..."stuff"...???...

BUT...I didn't do any mixing...or recording!!! :mad:

Fuck...where does the time go??? :eek:

Seems like the day just slipped out from under me!!!

That's been happenin' a lot lately. I try to get into a creative groove...and I just end up doing "stuff"...

Oh well...at least I manage to find my way into the studio.

I feel that it's best to just keep going through the motions...and let it come to me when it's ready...otherwise, if I get to pissed about not getting anything done...it just depresses me.

And I guess even the "stuff" needs to get done sooner or later...so, while the "muse" is out to lunch...I guess I might as well take care of the "stuff".

Tomorrow...'bout 11am...gonna' head into the studio once again and fire up the equipment...

...maybe my "muse" will show up...? If anyones seen itplease tell it to phone home!!!

Yeah...Florida is all fucked up...again!!!

I got my folks here with me...who are now postponing their return because of the situation down there.

They live in Gulfport...near Tampa...and so far, their area hasn't been really hit, but they're, old and don't want to take any risks...why go down now and end up having to evacuate to a shelter...when they can stay here at my house.

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

I am not up to much,, but since your here....

gig next thursday,

I have 2 sm58's 2 sm57's a bata 57 a audix om6/7 (the high sensitiveity one) a at3030 (the side addes one) and a d112. and 2 berringer ecm8000's

for DI's I have a radisal mk2, and a DOD active something or other.

I have to do punk bands, so what should I use on what?

cround is about 150 people, can will be running 1 sub and 1 top per side.

monitor mixes TBA.

thoughts?

Well I'll let you in on my very eventful night.

My best friend bought a used Gateway laptop for college, for $450. I told him to return it since it had no warranty. Called the lady the next day, but she wouldn't let him return it. So I thought oh well, I'll take a look at it, reformat it, and optimise it and get it ready.

This laptop had Win 2k installed - NO recovery CD or OS cd. I put Windows 98 on it, got a buncha specific drivers and was able to get it running 800x600 at 32bit, whereas when he got it, it was at 640x480 with 16 COLORS... I had everything setup - Win 98, some programs he could use, a few games, some wallpapers. I was about to swap out the CD-ROM drive to put in the floppy to see if it worked, and then I get this bluescreen error. So I reboot, and then it wont boot into Windows, isntead another blue screen, this time about VFAT - the file system. So I reinstall 98 over it, not wanting to reinstall everything else I put in. And while that went nicely, some programs now had problems. Back to square 1 - reformat, reinstall. Fdisk'd the hard drive, reboot... and just generally more fucking problems. My floppy drive on MY computer is messed, so I can't create a boot disk... going to have to go to his neighbors tomorrow probably... I know what I'm doing, and I know my alternative options here, but I can't believe the fucking runaround with this thing. I'm upset that he got this shitty deal. PC's truly do suck.

I'm having a bottle of cabernet from my favorite creek in Australia: Jacob's Creek. And listening to the Amelie soundtrack, Art Garfunkel's Angel Clare, and Sting's Nothing Like the Sun on random as I write an article on the artistic experience for my website.

I really need to get out more but every hot girl in Austin dates other girls. :cry:

Jeff,

I can answer THAT ONE!

Let's see.

LA.

June 18, 2017.

13 years from now.

Weather prediction...

Hot.

Smoggy.

Zero chance of rain.

High solar radiation... so wear your sunscreen!

Write this down... see if I'm right! :rolleyes:

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Heya, Ted...

Just windin' down after Yom Kippur services all day. Man it was good to dig into some Chinese takeout after the day of fasting. :thu:

Other than that it's just a quiet Saturday night at home. :)

You know, Neil...just add an "e" to "fast" and it becomes "feast". :thu::D

Zero: The weather in Maui? Oh, let's see, sunny in the morning with a chance of afternoon thundershowers. :D Your two year old will love it. Catch a wave for the Tedster, bro!

Originally posted by Ani:

Hiya again Ted... :wave:

Neil,

Not to hijack a thread, but how's your folks doing in Florida with Jeanne? I've got them in my prayers along with Craig and all the other folks in Florida.

Thanks for asking, Ani, but put those prayers to work for others. My folks are in New Zealand this week. If the house survives intact, great. If not, oh, well. At least they should be safe, half way 'round the world.

Ted... You need help! :freak: I like that about you. :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived