Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PSA Streetlytron now FREE .

OMENIE  is closing shop. So they are giving it it all away. Go to the app store and get em. 

If you don't know, Streetlytron is very close to a Mellotron m400d to my ears. Streetlytron  pro is the best but Streetlytron  63 ain't terrible. A few other apps are also there get them all. It's........FREE!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FunMachine.

I have their Pipe Organ and St Just in Roseland Organ apps and use the latter for my church gig. Would you recommend the Mellotronics Streetlytron Pre over the `63, although for free I could just get them both & sort it out later, with later being the operative word since I still haven't had time to sit down and work with the Yonac Hammond app we discussed on another thread.

The streetlytron pro is much sweeter sounding. Although I have both. The 63 is alot smaller so if disk space is an issue that it a consideration. The pro is about as world class sounding as you should ever need and all the classic tapes are there. I've had these apps for over 6 years. There will be no updates though and they aren't auv3 but they are IAA and work in AUM.

FunMachine.

Both sound awesome. 

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

You're certainly not being cut short with that library. I'm spoiled by the immense choice of M-Tron Pro, especially some of the artist sounds. There's a group that sneers at the 'tron, but the range of its libraries is a source of weird inspiration. 

I can respect it if all you want are the top 5 classic sounds, but you're missing out if you don't step through what you have and hear how broad it can be. In my view, its the crown prince of layering. A little 'tron enhances everything.

• Like 1

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.
    ~ "The Devil's Dictionary," Ambrose Bierce

15 hours ago, David Emm said:

A little 'tron enhances everything.

I could not agree more. 

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

16 hours ago, David Emm said:

There's a group that sneers at the 'tron, but the range of its libraries is a source of weird inspiration. 

Try playing KIWS with orch strings instead of the 'tron. Pretty cheesy.

• Like 1

FunMachine.

On 6/5/2024 at 11:10 AM, Baldwin Funster said:

OMENIE  is closing shop. So they are giving it it all away. Go to the app store and get em. 

If you don't know, Streetlytron is very close to a Mellotron m400d to my ears. Streetlytron  pro is the best but Streetlytron  63 ain't terrible. A few other apps are also there get them all. It's........FREE!

Thank you for this!

Arturia's Mellotron V allows you to drop in your own WAVs and handle them in a 'tronly manner. That seems a bit odd to me, but it IS a sampler, sooo.... Has anyone used this feature? If so, how'd it go? Novelty or playable function?

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.
    ~ "The Devil's Dictionary," Ambrose Bierce

One unfortunate thing with streetlytron is the pitch wheel. It's sluggish and uneven. Not good for strawberry fields. I don't remember it being bad in the distant past but I cant really remember.  It has been un updated for years through many ios updates so its lucky to be as good as it is. Cool thing with sopranotron2, it has more octaves and I think the loop doesn't run out. 

FunMachine.

There is a warning on the website that if you use these programs you should not update your IOS OS. They will not guarantee that the program will continue to work. 

On 6/6/2024 at 7:18 PM, HammondDave said:

There is a warning on the website that if you use these programs you should not update your IOS OS. They will not guarantee that the program will continue to work. 

Actually the warning is specifically addressed to church service music directors who use the pipe organs as an irreplaceable part of their duties as the pipe organs as well as the tape organs are now orphaned. 

I don't update my ipads in any case. I use them only as keyboard computers and already have one app that works on 1 9gen iPad but not on my backups one. So the obsolescence begins.

FunMachine.