Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AI piano and vocal ballad, sings about why human-produced music is no longer needed

Give it a listen.  Are we screwed?

"The Last Human Song"

[Verse]

When the machines take over

Our notes will fade

No room for soul

In this cold parade

[Verse 2]

Our fingers play keys

But they feel so dead

Lost in ones and zeros

Future's made of lead

[Chorus]

AI sings the chorus

No heart in the sound

Songs of sorrow

On this battleground

[Verse 3]

No more feeling

Just data streams

Human touch lost

In robotic dreams

[Bridge]

Where's the passion

In circuit's click

No voice trembling

No hands that stick

[Verse 4]

Will they weep

When silence falls

No human needed

Inside these walls

• Sad 1

Michael

Montage 8, Logic Pro X, Omnisphere, Diva, Zebra 2, etc.

12 hours ago, Lindaru said:

A.I and human can collaborate.  I do not think we will be replaced.  It is a big world and we all need to work together.

A group of us EMO owners put on a contest.  I collaborated with mine and this is what we came up with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RW8QheivB0

"EMO Vision Contest"

+1 on that, personally I have always loved Drummer in Garageband on iPad (now I have Logic on iPad too) and used it a lot for compositions and practice etc. And I can imagine for anyone with lack of chops on keys and bass the new AI players will be very useful, I probably will use the bass player when I am too lazy to do it myself, for a demo or a practice track..

I would be surprised if AI workflows will not be standard in all music software within the next years, and I definitely look forward to find out how creative the software creators will be in terms of how they will use the technology to give us new interesting tools for inspiring us in our creative endavours!

• Like 1

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

I just hope you the future is not something like this, where AI does everything and we just lay bored to death...

humanos-wall-e-bebiendo.png.f6b410365292d085aca7dc7d7b15befc.png

OTOH, I see that already on people just absorbed daily by TV / streaming trash 🤨

Let's keep doing music until they come for us! 🤖🤯

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jose EB5AGV said:

I just hope you the future is not something like this, where AI does everything and we just lay bored to death...

OTOH, I see that already on people just absorbed daily by TV / streaming trash 🤨

If that's the case, the problem is not the AI...

;)

• Like 1

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

30 minutes ago, Jose EB5AGV said:

I'm pretty pessimistic about the possibility of human high-tech survival* in the decades and centuries ahead--so in that sense, Wall-E has been a bit of a horror movie for me.  It was a perfect human society, governed by the efficient Auto, before Wall-E came along and forced the packs of tribal monkeys back to a garbage-strewn dirtball :D 

*We are very likely to "survive", but our current society seems extremely fragile.  We have mass quantities of people arguing up is down, even the relatively minor threat of Covid knocked things for a loop.

In a bit more seriousness, if we the apes can immerse ourselves in (physically) harmless VR while AI runs things, that is probably our best chance of making it.   Who makes the music isn't even on the list of my concerns if I was some immortal observer of the species....

So much unwarranted doom and gloom.  Humans have been inventing technology to make their lives easier and more productive since we first became human.  It's what we do.

Almost every big innovation in recorded history is met with predictions of doom and gloom which really never happen.  The current AI trepidation reminds me of the Luddites rebelling against the very factory machines that delivered an improved standard of living for all.   

I guess it is our nature to invent cool things that scare other people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

"We're putting a man on the moon"..

Talking about scary development! 

😂

• Like 1

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Humans will do what humans have always done - we sing and bang on things to a beat. Just because some software developer has attempted to “can” that human trait and resell it does not take that desire away from humans. Sure, technology is making us physically lazy. We have used tech to ease our physical burdens. But “tech” does provide us a way to exercise our voracious human minds. Humans also like shiny new things (as do crows, so nothing special about humans there!) and will always pursue those things. So is AI to be feared? Nah, it is a compliment to humans, not a replacement for our humanity. 

• Like 5

This brings to mind an episode from the original Star Trek series (bear with my memory: Kirk and co may well have had a few of these encounters).

Anyhoo, they come across a society of humans perfect in every way - until of course they discover a flaw.

Edit after a second listen: for all the obvious dialled-in ‘inflections’, that vocal is super sterile (‘scuse the oxymoron).

I think we’ll be ok …

• Like 1

On 6/3/2024 at 9:58 AM, cphollis said:

Almost every big innovation in recorded history is met with predictions of doom and gloom which really never happen.

Yep.  No shortage of Chicken Little moments. 

Nuclear proliferation was going to end the world as we know it.

The Yamaha DX7 was going to break up the band.  Destroy the orchestra.  Put musicians out of work.

All h8ll was supposed to break loose at Y2K.  Here we are 24 years later.....

Smartphones have probably made some people more dumb and lazy but the jury is still out as we tally up scorecards.🤣😎

• Like 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"