Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

'short' in my keyboard.

Loud electrical 'screech/squawk' from my KeyB Duo Mk111 after 5-10 minutes on.  Loud enough to blow out powered 15" speakers.  Any ideas?  Any known keyboard techs in the Atlanta area?

Legend Exp,NC2x,Crumar Seven,KeyB Duo MK111,Nord C1,Nord C2D,Triton Classic,Fantom G7,Motif ES,SonicCell,BK7m,PA1x pro,VP770,TC Helicon,Leslie 3300,MS Pro145,EV SXA250(2),Traynor K4,PK7a,A70,DM10 Pro.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few questions:

Did the keyboard work ie: make sounds, before the screech/squawk?

Did the keyboard function after the screech/squawk? If it didn't work, were there indications that it saw some power, LEDs on ... or was it cmptly dead"?

If "dead", were you able to access the fuse on the IEC connector and  if so, did you try replacing the fuse and determining if the problem still exists?

If you put you nose near the IEC connector does anything smell burnt?

Is your IEC cable frayed, or showing signs of being pulled at either end?

If the problem still exits, my money is on a component in the power supply section, which may be obvious (or not) once that section is pulled and/or examined

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.  Yes, the keyboard worked normally before the 'squawk'.  It also works after the squawk if allowed to totally cool down.  It seems to happen when the keyboard warms up and the time from startup to 'squawk' seems to be getting shorter and shorter.  The 'sqiawk' is ear-splitting and enough to blow two 15" EV's.

Legend Exp,NC2x,Crumar Seven,KeyB Duo MK111,Nord C1,Nord C2D,Triton Classic,Fantom G7,Motif ES,SonicCell,BK7m,PA1x pro,VP770,TC Helicon,Leslie 3300,MS Pro145,EV SXA250(2),Traynor K4,PK7a,A70,DM10 Pro.

Keyb at one time could have been serviced out of Diversi.  They still have a service dept, it is possible that they might be able to service the keyboard.  The only way to know for sure is to contact them.  It would mean shipping the instrument to Delaware where the service dept exists. If you want to contact them directly and ask about potential servicing PM me for the phone number.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band