Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I love my new Krumar D9x, but how to mount it?

Just received this and I love it. Works beautifully. Just one problem- there is no surface area on my midi keyboard which is large enough to place it. So I've come up with a MacGyver solution but I'm open to suggestions. It may not be clear what I've done in the photos but basically I clamped an OnStage iPad holder onto the tubing of a mic stand. I then clamped the D9x to the surface of the holder  (where I would normally place my iPad). Then I placed the iPad holder in horizontal position with as little extension in the holder arm as possible. I found that because the holder is designed for iPads not D9x units, I needed to set the D9x on a piece of non-skid shelf liner (the white stuff) to ensure that the frame securely grabbed the D9x.  Because the D9x is all metal construction, it's heavier than I thought it would be. To minimize wobble, I butted the mic stand tube against the back of my Nektar keyboard, then applied gaffer tape. The current setup is placed where I need it (needs to be at left end of keyboard). I can live with this setup (I will get some black shelf liner to replace the white), but I'm open to other ideas. I looked at various trays sold by K&M (I have an 18820 stand) but none of them would allow placement of where I need the DX9 to be.

PXL_20240425_005301177.jpg

PXL_20240425_145100416~2.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, LeesKeys said:

Just received this and I love it. Works beautifully. Just one problem- there is no surface area on my midi keyboard which is large enough to place it. So I've come up with a MacGyver solution but I'm open to suggestions. It may not be clear what I've done in the photos but basically I clamped an OnStage iPad holder onto the tubing of a mic stand. I then clamped the D9x to the surface of the holder  (where I would normally place my iPad). Then I placed the iPad holder in horizontal position with as little extension in the holder arm as possible. I found that because the holder is designed for iPads not D9x units, I needed to set the D9x on a piece of non-skid shelf liner (the white stuff) to ensure that the frame securely grabbed the D9x.  Because the D9x is all metal construction, it's heavier than I thought it would be. To minimize wobble, I butted the mic stand tube against the back of my Nektar keyboard, then applied gaffer tape. The current setup is placed where I need it (needs to be at left end of keyboard). I can live with this setup (I will get some black shelf liner to replace the white), but I'm open to other ideas. I looked at various trays sold by K&M (I have an 18820 stand) but none of them would allow placement of where I need the DX9 to be.

PXL_20240425_005301177.jpg

PXL_20240425_145100416~2.jpg

I added the laptop tray from K&M to my 18953 for my B4D.

knmlth.jpg

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

2 minutes ago, J.F.N. said:

I added the laptop tray from K&M to my 18953 for my B4D.

I used a coffee can for my B4D, but that's a whole 'nuther  story.  ;) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, D. Gauss said:

I used a coffee can for my B4D, but that's a whole 'nuther  story.  ;) 

I take it your B4D is no longer drawing any bars for you...

:D

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

I use the gemini module in conjunction with my pc3.  I place it on the top right of the keyboard but only about 2/3 of the width sits in the allotted space and 1/3 hangs off the edge.  With nitwits players i always worry about someone knocking it off the keyboard so i clamp it down with this.

Link

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

1 hour ago, Delaware Dave said:

I use the gemini module in conjunction with my pc3.  I place it on the top right of the keyboard but only about 2/3 of the width sits in the allotted space and 1/3 hangs off the edge.  With nitwits players i always worry about someone knocking it off the keyboard so i clamp it down with this.

Link

What is the Gemini Module?

I have used adhesive-backed velco strips to mount effects boxes right on my keyboard.  One side of the velcro goes on the device, the other side of the velcro goes on the keyboard.  The hardware can be separated for travel, and can be velcro-ed together for playing, and will stay in place no matter how aggressive your keyboard glissandos get.

A word of warning: I did this with an old Hammond XB-2; the adhesive glue and the velcro fasteners were so strong, I ended up pulling up the wood veneer that covered the XB-2 when trying to separate the keyboard and FX device.  So be careful if your keyboard or FX device has some kind of veneer on it.  Really, I only needed a small square of velcro to hold the FX to the keyboard.  The long velcro strips I used were not necessary, and were what caused the veneer to pull off the keyboard.