Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fantom EX firmware upgrade now standard

“the EX Upgrade (plus any previous upgrades like multisampling and 2022’s Virtual Tone Wheel Organ) now comes standard in the new FANTOM 6 EX, FANTOM 7 EX and FANTOM 8 EX synthesizers.”

“New for 2024 is the JX-3P ACB Expansion. Similar to the plugin version but retuned for the FANTOM EX, this adds the classic ‘80s poly to the FANTOM workflow. This means that not only can you play it as a single tone but you can layer it with ZEN-Core or Multi-Sample tones. (You cannot use it V-PIANO or another ACB Expansion, unfortunately.)” - free download for EX owners.  

• Like 1

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I imagine that many Fantom owners must have gone for the paid firmware update?   Perhaps this is where the concept was first tested and how we arrived at a stripped down RD-08 with a paid firmware update to RD-88 features.  

5 minutes ago, Stokely said:

Can you still get the EX upgrade for those?  So $400 off, then pay $200 for the upgrade?  :)   

Still available. £195 in the UK, havent checked to see if its discounted anywhere but, if it is, its certainly a way to get the 'EX' at a bargain price. For example, this would be an EX 88 for less than £1800...shame its so bloody big. I could even handle the 300 mile drive for that.

image.thumb.png.655e60d3b9468c00dba3da6697ab99f5.png

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

1 hour ago, RABid said:

The Fantom EX 7 is $200 more than what I paid for my new Fantom 7 so I came out just fine. The real deal is the sell off prices of the non-ex Fantoms. $400 off the Fantom 7.

Ideally you’d want to find a standard Fantom that the seller has already updated with EX firmware.  😏

Is the new model a price increase over what the previous was selling for last month?  

Yep, $200.   I know because I've been looking at the Fantom 6, which before any coupons was selling everywhere for $2999.   Sweetwater shows the "Fantom 6 EX" on preorder for $3199.

20 minutes ago, Stokely said:

Yep, $200.   I know because I've been looking at the Fantom 6, which before any coupons was selling everywhere for $2999.   Sweetwater shows the "Fantom 6 EX" on preorder for $3199.

Oh nice, then it’s a required paid firmware upgrade.  😂

• Haha 2

Maybe the two Fantom EX threads should be merged?

• Like 1

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

On 4/25/2024 at 10:47 AM, ElmerJFudd said:

Oh nice, then it’s a required paid firmware upgrade.  😂

Woody is a sage! 

Roland should have spoken with Apple on this.  Incremental update is sold at same price as discontinued model.  That’s how you get to a trillion dollars.  😉

• Like 1