Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ideas for compact iPad Rig

More and more I’m capable to enjoy good sounds from my iPad rig…, it’s a steep learning curve but it’s a progress.

Now the hardware GAS started…, thinking about how to have the power supply, dongle and interface packed into a super compact case, having the iPad with just 2 Audio outs and 1 power in… Maybe, if possible, how to attach it all in the stand…

Ideas? Patents 🙃?

• Like 1

Well, I have played with numerous setups for iPad and I have settled on a Korg Keystage which connects to the iPad with just one cable (and the iPad can power the Keystage). Audio comes out of the Korg and essentially that’s it as you see in the picture. Has sustain and expression pedal as well as standard 5 pin midi in/out. Stand for the iPad is included with the board. You may not need the Poly AT or Midi 2.0 of the Keystage, but I thought why not get something a bit more future proof.

Oh, and the software bundle included wasn’t bad.

20240312_113632_Original.jpeg

Screenshot_20240311_163640_Chrome_Original.jpeg

• Like 1

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5