Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SynthFest France 2024, Nantes, France

As i discussed a couple of years ago, having gained 2 euros in royalties made me officially a professional musicians (from the point of view of the french administration) and now i have to fill forms each year to declare how much i gain from music (spolier, 0 euros :).

But his have some advantages, one of them being invited to visit the  SynthFest France. Got a free ticket (not big deal, tickets are very affordable) but the nicest part was a tour of the hot spot of the exposition before the place opened for the public.

SynthFest is a small SuperBooth, with a few big player (Nord, Arturia, Korg, Sequential, Novation), and a lot of small artisanal producer.

I have the possibility to try the Astrolab (but i discuss this subject in the corresponding thread, not here), and to see and hear a few interesting objects.

In the couple of posts, i'll show the photos of these objects, and some comments when appropriate.

Maurizio

• Like 2

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

Well, this is not a preset machine. Clearly. Two people needed to patch it.

I haven't tried it, and for the sound, they were building something, but it was early, just blips and raw oscillators :).

Maurizio

73530999118__C390FCB4-BEA9-4380-BFBA-E7ECE780E51C.jpeg

IMG_4909.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

You know this one, but i had never saw it in real life.

I tried it, the problem is the machine is intimidating, i like knobby machines but this was really too much, needs time to start to understand what you should tweak.

IMG_4913.jpeg

• Wow! 1

Sorry for the horrible photo quality.

Anyway, the first photo is a photo of one of the surviving original PS3300, owned by Olivier Grall, that apparently have  one of the largest collection of vintage synths in this part of the planet. It was in perfect working conditions, and we got a demo.

The second, is a prototype of the Korg re-edition of the PS3300, that will be officially announced at the SuperBooth in Berlin. It was also in working condition and we got a demo of it, too.

The main differences with respect to the original are less weight (the case is less deep), preset memories (that will include microtuning) and MIDI, including sending and receiving CC for the panel knobs (if i understood correctly).

Both machines were off-limits, i could not try them :).

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing, it’s great to get an insight into shows like this which many of us cannot attend for one Reston or another.

Curious to see what Korg have there and any other big names.

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

14 hours ago, mauriziodececco said:

The second, is a prototype of the Korg re-edition of the PS3300, that will be officially announced at the SuperBooth in Berlin. It was also in working condition and we got a demo of it, too.

It was shown (in working condition) at Winter NAMM. In a private soundroom, but one that had a big glass wall on the aisle, so everyone could see it was there. I got in to try it... it was very nice.

For some reason I love the whole modular scene, without in any way desiring to own one. I think it's just too impractical to gig vs the flexibility of modern digital all-in-one boards.

Cheers, Mike.