Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Leslie 3300 Panel Removal Help

I had a fellow here to have a look at my 3300  to purchase, however we discovered an annoying vibration at substantial volume.  We were trying to remove the panels in order to figure it out, which  is proving to be a bit of a trick.  I have managed to get the lower one off, but the  upper one is defeating me.  I would really like to do so without damaging the cabinet at all.  I think the spray on coating was not really dry  when it was assembled,  and has glued it together.  Any  ideas would be quite welcome, as well as potential sources of this vibration.  Cheers Mike

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

Gently snug up every screw you can find. I also lined the frame the panels fit into with thin felt weather stripping I bought at an Ace Hardware store. My 3300 is one of the early ones with the smooth flat black coating. 

• Thanks 1

On mine, over time the belt for the low rotor stretched and the spring tensioner pulled the motor assy. far enough that it started to tap against the frame. It's easy enough to replace. Luckily, I bought replacement belts back when I bought the 3300 so I didn't have to find/wait for the replacement. The rotor's top bearing needs to be removed but the rotor doesn't. Be careful because if the rotor comes out it can be a PITA to get back in.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Outkaster said:

Michael what did the guys say on Facebook. I have this same speaker?

I didn't  post on the  Hammond/Leslie tech pages at all.  I put an oversized screw in one of the holes,  just enough to bite in to the panel only, then used a claw hammer with a thin piece of wood under it and the panel popped off.  

• Like 1

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues