Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Soft synths and apps supporting (showcasing) MPE and aftertouch

Asked about this in another thread and noticed there are few up to date topics on the net about this, so why not start one here.

Lets start with what I know…

Moog seem to have this covered in their AU units and IOS apps. Animoog Z is a fantastic showcase for Poly AT, but Animoog, Modular and Model D also utilise this feature.

Arturia Pigments is good and has MPE

A few Gadgets on the MAC respond to poly AT, IOS is limited to whatever apps you had. So iM1 accepts AT.

Wavestate Native is good and accepts poly AT (but you expect that as it’s showcasing the new Keystage)

Alchemy in Logic and GarageBand also accept AT (not poly though)

Korg IOS apps need some updating to accept any sort of AT, I think it’s just the iM1 that responds at all.

Any other experiences or recommendations?

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

My DAW is Ableton Live.  So far I've found the Wavetable and Drift synths (included in Live Suite) are the ones with MPE.   I have not yet tried Meld, the newest MPE synth introduced in Ableton Live 12.  I've used Push 3 as the MPE controller.

• Like 1

From the U-He stable …

AFAIK Diva, RePro, Hive, Ace and Bazille support all MPE features except for release velocity.

Zebra 2 being an older horse does not support MPE.

• Like 1