Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Putting the band back together.

We've had fun busking this past year, but I miss the band. Anna(half sister)will replace our missing guitarist. Drummer and Bass player already know our stuff because they've been helping us all year. We'll be limited because there're places Anna won't be able to play. We could rent some places and put on our own show, maybe our high school or the Filipino Center. It will be nice to be back.

• Like 8

Jennifer S.

Glad to hear it! Breakaleg! If you can ever get any video, it'd be great to hear the band!

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

@surfergirl, That's great news!  Hope Anna will be older soon enough to play the places she that can't for now.  I think George Harrison had the same problem (a little too young for the bars in Germany IIRC).  Good luck and have fun! 😎👍

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz

I haven't forgotten everyone, we are just working through some obstacles. We've only had 2 rehearsals, but clearly it's going to take awhile. Anna and I will split the guitar work, no division between lead and rhythm. Anna has never played with a drummer and bass player before, it's going to take some time to her, and me because my roll is changing from being exclusively a rhythm player, to get in sync with everyone. 

I'm not sure our busking playlist will work for us. We may have to learn some new songs also. We can probably keep some of it to mix in.

Equipment is a subject for another day.

• Like 3

Jennifer S.

On 4/3/2024 at 12:18 AM, surfergirl said:

Anna has never played with a drummer and bass player before, it's going to take some time to her...

Once it 'clicks' for her, I predict that she will REALLY, REALLY ENJOY it! Playing with a full band, particularly with a drummer, is such a pure pleasure... !!

and me because my roll is changing from being exclusively a rhythm player, to get in sync with everyone. 

You'll get the hang of it.

I'm not sure our busking playlist will work for us. We may have to learn some new songs also. We can probably keep some of it to mix in.

Maybe you could make good use of some of those as a duet with the two of you, or a three-piece bit adding the bassist now and then, here and there between songs or sets? And as a back-up for unforeseen situations that might pop up at a gig?

Equipment is a subject for another day.

I'd imagine that you've got most or all of what you (really, necessarily) need already... ?

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

2 hours ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

I'd imagine that you've got most or all of what you (really, necessarily) need already... ?

We do have everything we need. I also have an amp available from our absent member. He left it for me if I needed it. I did order a PA, not a need right now but I found a price I couldn't pass on. A Mackie Thump212 open box for $240., that's $100 of the sale price and $160 of the regular price. I'll have it shipped to my father and I'll bring it home in Suitcase in June. 

• Like 2

Jennifer S.