Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How to play organ on Kronos without rotary speaker?

I want to play Hammond organ patches on my Kronos but I want to route my cables into a Leslie simulator (similar to Ventilator).  I can't figure out how to disable the rotating speaker (Leslie) effect on the Kronos Hammond  patches.  There must be a way to do it?

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

It should be in the IFX settings I believe...you'd want to bypass the leslie simulation.

• Like 1

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I bypass the internal sim for my CX-3 programs, which are routed to a separate output, going to a Ventilator. I typically assign the CX-3 program to a channel within a Combi and use the slider associated with that channel to control volume/overdrive. I understand that most folks would probably opt for a pedal for this purpose.

• Like 1

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Some of the CX-3 programs have the Rotary programmed in, rather than an IFX. For example, "Jazzy Organ" (Internal Bank E, 017), go to EXi 1 tab, then the Amp/VC/Rotary SP tab. You'll see the Rotary button is on by default (upper left on the screen). Deselect and save the program.

• Like 2

Here for the gear.

And here is another good run through of setting up a leslie using cx3

From Korg Forums

Davd C. Polich

The subject of this post is how to get (IMO) a "better" Leslie sound from the Kronos CX-3 engine. The 2.11 update included the "re-designed" CX-3 with an improved amp and speaker simulation which took it way beyond what the original CX-3 was. However, anyone who has tried running a CX-3 program out one of the assignable outs and into a Neo Instruments Ventilator will tell you that the Ventilator really is the "shizzle" and the CX-3's own Leslie falls, well, a bit short of that. 

So I sat down with the goal of improving the Leslie sound using just the Kronos' CX-3 engine, to the point where I could consider not using the Ventilator anymore. And it's not hard to do…

PEACE

_
_
_

• Like 1

When musical machines communicate, we had better listen…

http://youtube.com/@ecoutezpourentendre

I purchased Organimation for the Kronos which delivered organ programs with considerably improved Leslie simulation compared to the stock programs and/or anything I could come up with. There are some excellent programs in that package, and I use it with my smaller “B rig” which does not involve the Ventilator. The problem is that the Organimation parches are extremely resource intensive when it comes to effects, so when using an Organimation program within a Combi, another non-organ patch in the Combi can easily “steal” crucial effects from the Organimation program, producing less-than-desirable results. So you have to decide between using an effects-compromised Organimation program or an effects-compromised (non-organ) program in the Combi.

• Like 1

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw