Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Line 6 POD Express

Little box, does it have enough processing juice to sound like the real stuff?  

$179 - runs on AA batteries 

seven amps, seven  IR-based factory cabs, 17 effects, and a built-in looper function

Stereo outputs, tap tempo, a built-in tuner, noise gate, headphone output, and a four-channel USB-C audio interface make these perfect for practice, recording, and live work. The four-channel audio interface offers reamping. Users can record on Macs, PCs, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices.

• Like 5

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Looks cool, I once had a Line 6 Pod XT. It was awesome sounding as a recording device.

Here is the tune the last one I recorded with the Pod XT https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=5913545

I did this because a famous producer was complaining that many or most of my tunes, had the leads done in overdrive so I did a swap out between overdrive and clean to prove it was ok that I could do either clean or overdrive.

• Like 4

That looks like a great multi-effects pedal, and with the expression pedal, it's just of $250.

Not bad!!

😀

PS I'm not ashamed to admit that all the festive colours on that box really appeal to me.

• Like 4

Am I alone in this?
Am I alone?

On 3/5/2024 at 10:46 PM, desertbluesman said:

Looks cool, I once had a Line 6 Pod XT. It was awesome sounding as a recording device.

Here is the tune the last one I recorded with the Pod XT https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=5913545

I did this because a famous producer was complaining that many or most of my tunes, had the leads done in overdrive so I did a swap out between overdrive and clean to prove it was ok that I could do either clean or overdrive.

"Meandering Around In G Minor"; niiiiiiice...  Sounds a little like Santana, Gary Moore and Wish You Were Here-era David Gilmour blended together...

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

@Caevan O’Shite Thanks I was always looking for that smooth overdrive with overtones and undertones. None of those guys you mentioned above were an influence on me, the only guitarists that I ever copied was a little early Clapton from the Creams Wheels of Fire album, And lots of early Roy Buchanan (whom I saw live on his first national tour). I am an improvisor. I learned how the scales work and how to fit them against the backing tracks, and from that point on I just let it flow out (improvising like that on original tunes has very little monetary value in the bar scene or in the recording process). Music is just a nice hobby for me.

However one of these days I might try to play out, that is why I just got that second Super Champ X2, so I have a backup unit in case the first one breaks. The SCX2 is an amp I can use in small rooms. It has all the effects I use which is overdrive and reverb. One trip in, and one trip out, amp in one hand, guitar in the other. The SCX2's also have a line out which can go into bigger amps or a PA system for more volume than the SCX2 which are only 15 watts RMS.

Anyways it is hard to sell improvised sets on original tunes to local venues unless I go out and play some venues for free, and if I get good results other venues might pay......

• Like 3