Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Got my new Eminence Lil Buddy today

Received the Eminence hemp cone 10" Lil Buddy today. Tomorrow I put in the new JJ tubes BIAS the amp for the new tubes. Before inserting the amp back into the cabinet, I will install the new Lil Buddy. The break in will be long and tedious because I won't be able to push it hard with loud volumes.

The last time I did this with the other amp that I have been using for the past 4 years, I let my nieces boyfriend perform with it for a long set at much higher volumes than I would be able to use in my community. He thanked me profusely for letting him use the amp, I told him he did me a favor as well, and thanked him for breaking the speaker in for me 😆 (one hand washes the other).

• Like 2

One way to break in a speaker without playing so loud is to run low frequencies through it. If you have a bass, that will work. If you have a CD player and play some music with deep notes that will do it. Low notes will make the cone move more at lower volumes and help things flex faster than higher frequencies. 

• Like 2
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

1 hour ago, KuruPrionz said:

One way to break in a speaker without playing so loud is to run low frequencies through it. If you have a bass, that will work. If you have a CD player and play some music with deep notes that will do it. Low notes will make the cone move more at lower volumes and help things flex faster than higher frequencies. 

Thanks amigo!! I will turn the bass on the amp up to full and no trebles then play the guitars bass notes on front pup. We shall see.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, desertbluesman said:

Thanks amigo!! I will turn the bass on the amp up to full and no trebles then play the guitars bass notes on front pup. We shall see.

The trebles won't hurt anything but full bass knob and front pickup are a great idea. I play bass too and I've used my bass to open up speakers before. You just want it to move some air, it gets more flexible that way. 

• Like 2
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.