Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Talkin’ ‘bout the greatest worst My Generation of my generation

The worst version is the Muzak monstrosity I once heard in an elevator. It pulled hair out of my nose and ears before I could get out. :curse:

• Haha 1

"You seem pretty calm about all that."
 "Well, inside, I'm screaming.
    ~ "The Lazarus Project"

Full 180.  I saw Los Lobos the night that John Entwistle died.  Clearly they had not planned on doing this as the news was still coming in, but Los Lobos came out for an encore and tore through the most amazing version of "My Generation" complete with spot on bass solo by Conrad.  The best, living, original member live band in America.

• Like 5

I went to see The Who perform at an indoor sports auditorium, whose concrete "acoustics" turned almost everything into mud. One of my friends snuck in his high-end recording Sony Walkman, with tiny capsule mics he clipped to the brim of his cap. When he played it back a couple of days later, we heard the concert we were hoping to get live. I'm still boggled at how readily I could hear each band member. It turned the hockey rink reverb of death aspect into a fuller Who experience. Sometimes, technology bites you in the ass; at others, it kisses your ass until its lips are ass-colored. :rawk:

"You seem pretty calm about all that."
 "Well, inside, I'm screaming.
    ~ "The Lazarus Project"

Where I grew up in the Northwest our local radio station didn't play My Generation. A musician I played with who was hipper than me told me about it but it was couple of more years more before I actually heard it. There was a Northwest band called The Bards who were a great live band that was signed to Capitol Records and worked with heavyweight producer Curt Boettcher did a cover. Not likely to impress anybody these days but it got some local airplay before The Who were known in America.

Gibson G101, Fender Rhodes Piano Bass, Vox Continental, RMI Electra-Piano and Harpsichord 300A, Hammond M102A, Hohner Combo Pianet, OB8, Matrix 12, Jupiter 6, Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, CS70M, CP35, PX-5S, WK-3800, Stage 3 Compact