Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - duckduckgo

Anyone else using?  I love it.

BUT - for some reason, youtube videos are no longer showing up in the threads.  They were showing up until a couple of weeks ago.  If I go back to Chrome, you can see the vids.

Any tech folks know the answer for this?

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Same here, Google has become useless for many controversial political/geo-political topics.

And I have a feeling that it's just a matter of time DDG gives in. Maybe they already have, just less obvious than Google.

It seems Putin has less control over Yandex, than our 3-letter agencies do Google/Youtube  :facepalm:

Are you referring to the new DuckDuckGo browser regarding YT videos?

I have not tried that but all of my browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Safari) are set to use DuckDuckGo as the default search engine and YT videos do show up for me.

I was using Firefox almost exclusively but I have been using Chrome lately because I was having problems logging into certain accounts with Firefox. I don't like Chrome being Google and so nosey though. Thus, DuckDuckGo not Google.

• Like 3

I’ve been using DDG (as a search engine in Safari) for 5-6 years since I abandoned all Google services. 

(well, apparently can’t abandon YouTube. And Apple Maps is absurdly bad here in Bulgaria, so I use Waze for navigation but it’s owned by Google, so they probably still know where I am most of the time)

2 hours ago, TommyRude said:

Any tech folks know the answer for this?

YouTube recently started fighting the ad-blocker plugins that remove ads in YouTube videos. This can break things with DDG too. 

But I tried opening the recent keytar thread in the DDG browser on my iPhone and all YT videos are fine. Do you mean the iPhone? Because they don’t have a standalone browser for desktop or any other platform as far as I know. It’s worth trying to update the app, the OS, maybe just restart? Disable browser extensions temporarily if there are any?

1 hour ago, TommyRude said:

using my MacBook - here’s an example - blank where the youtube video would be

It must be something in your preference settings. I just downloaded the browser. I see all the YT videos embedded in posts here.

YTScreenShot.thumb.jpg.eb345080625cfeaae1323a175fc42b47.jpg