Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Slightly used Fender Super Champ X2 on its way here.

Pulled the trigger on another Super Champ X2 a slightly used model and am awaiting a new Eminence Lil Buddy 10" hemp cone speaker to arrive at Sweetwater for the new SCX2. I hope to have 2 working SCX2's within 2 weeks or so. I have been using my Egnater Tweaker 15 watt head with a pedal board in front. It sounds almost as good as the SCX2 but not quite. I bought it from Gear Exchange following advice from my guy at Sweetwater. If Lowell Hunt comes through with a repair on my present SCX2, I can then put my Egnater Tweaker 15 watt head up for sale locally.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, desertbluesman said:

Pulled the trigger on another Super Champ X2 a slightly used model and am awaiting a new Eminence Lil Buddy 10" hemp cone speaker to arrive at Sweetwater for the new SCX2. I hope to have 2 working SCX2's within 2 weeks or so. I have been using my Egnater Tweaker 15 watt head with a pedal board in front. It sounds almost as good as the SCX2 but not quite. I bought it from Gear Exchange following advice from my guy at Sweetwater. If Lowell Hunt comes through with a repair on my present SCX2, I can then put my Egnater Tweaker 15 watt head up for sale locally.

You can never have to many Super Champ X2s🙂

• Like 3

Jennifer S.

I'd want to try running the two Super Champs together in 'stereo', trying out some stereo pedals with 'em...

Got any Leslie-sim effects, pedals or otherwise? If so, you'll love how that sounds in stereo...

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

If the SC X 2 I just bought works OK. I am gonna order a new Lil Buddy hemp cone 10" speaker $119, some JJ Tubes $80, and a Foot switch $26.99  immediately after I try the amp.

I will also get my settings from the repaired amp if I get it home on time (I have the Software on my computers Fender Fuse) I can remember all the settings that I did back in the day but getting them from the old computer will work quicker.

• Like 2

Got the used one today. It looks clean and unused like they said. It sounds like tin, like they all do. In a week I will order the needed Hemp cone speaker, and a new pedal channel/reverb switch from Sweetwater. And some JJ tubes from Eurotubes. (Another $200 to add to the cost of the amp) All I can say is; these little SC x2's are my all time favorite amps.

This is my 3rd SCX2 and they all sounded like crap with the standard speaker. In fact I still have the OEM speaer from my being repaired SCX2.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, desertbluesman said:

Got the used one today. It looks clean and unused like they said. It sounds like tin, like they all do. In a week I will order the needed Hemp cone speaker, and a new pedal channel/reverb switch from Sweetwater. And some JJ tubes from Eurotubes. (Another $200 to add to the cost of the amp) All I can say is; these little SC x2's are my all time favorite amps.

This is my 3rd SCX2 and they all sounded like crap with the standard speaker. In fact I still have the OEM speaer from my being repaired SCX2.

Lots of good sounding amps come with garbage speakers, it's price competition most likely. Good speakers cost but they are worth the money. I've got 3 Peavey VIP 1 Transtube amps and the 8" speaker that comes with the amp doesn't sound good. 2 of them are up and running with a Peavey Scorpion 10" speaker in each one. Great guitar amp speaker, one of the best I've used. The 3rd one will be getting a Weber Neo-Mag 10", which is also a good speaker but I'll have to do a bit of modification on the cabinet to shoehorn the speaker in. I'm not familiar with the Champ SCX2 but I am familiar with older Fender products and they make great amps. Likewise, not familiar with the Lil Buddy speakers either but I do know that a good speaker can make a bad sounding amp sound great. Have fun with those, I'm on a similar path!!!!

• Like 2
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Just for what it's worth for users of dual amps run in stereo. 

I'm using a footswitch I've had a long time. Sturdy build, all metal. If I recall correctly I got it at a thrift store for $4. 

It allows A or B or A and B selections. Keep an eye out!IMG_1572.thumb.JPG.fc2901ca64ff13b159b80a13bfe117f7.JPG

IMG_1569.JPG

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

• Like 2
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I have been using the new acquisition (Used SCX2), it is a 2012 manufacture date and it stinks of dust lightly. Tomorrow is cleaning day. I will take out the speaker, and tubes, and dust it. I can still send it back until Monday. I hope I can get it cleaned up easily. Thought it is a little old. It sounds pretty good, I was able to get inside using Fender Fuse and set it up like my just fixed one. I may still buy an Eminence Lil Buddy and some JJ Tubes. I will pull the trigger on the speaker Monday. Or whenever it shows up at Sweetwater. Right now I have it almost sounding like the just fixed SCX2 by turning the Trebles all the way down. and adjusting the middle control in Fuse. (There is no middle hardware control) I do believe that the amp was never used or only slightly used. But 12 years of sitting unused has probably been a dust collector. If I do buy the Lil Buddy speaker I will use the new acquisition until I break the speaker in. Then I will swap them out ever month or so.

I did get my SCX2 back from Hunt Amps today as well. $80 bucks for the new input plug which is pretty reasonable considering the complexity of the repair. It works great.

• Like 2