Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer CZ-1 mini

They are using the capacitive keybed similar to a Arturia MicroFreak.😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

1 hour ago, CHarrell said:

For some reason I saw that as a Casio product and got really excited. One of my best friends has a CZ101 that he got in a flea market like 10 years ago for nothing, and we both love that stupid little thing so much.

CZ-3000 was the first "Pro" keyboard I ever played (well, technically it was the Siel DK80, but not by much).  Up until that point, my experience was limited to "department store" keyboards, a la Yammy Portasound series.  I was instantly smitten by the full size keys, the many, many buttons and lcd display.  The large branding on the back.  Oh, it was glorious!  I never bought a CZ, but I do have a soft spot in my history for them.  With proper FX, there's potential.  None of these micro sized offerings do much for me, but i instantly got a little excited with this one.  

I’m not sure if I am the resident expert on PDS but, I bet I’m in the top 10.  I used both the CZ-1000 and CZ-1.  I recently gave away my old CZ-1 to someone that wanted a synth that could get some use out of it. 

To me the beauty of PDS was it could do things that were very FM but the architecture was laid out like standard subtractive synthesis.   At the same time, in my opinion, it did better synth brass synth strings sounds than actual FM.  But that is just me.   

It kind of pissed me off when Casio abandoned the pro keyboard market.  Casio them Ensoniq.  I was like… ‘What the hell?’

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Its against my synth-religion to take up any synth so "mini," I have to "play" it with a stylus in each hand. I call it The Pianist's Bottleneck. 

• Haha 1

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

I'm in -- Mike, feel free to get me onto the beta tester list.  😉

My first owned (vs borrowed) synth was a CZ-1, and it was a fantastic upgrade from the -1000 and the -101, providing both velocity and aftertouch, and very musical envelope generators.

With a CZ-1 stacked over my EPS 13-minus, I felt invincible. 

• Like 1

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

My first synth was a Casio CZ-101 that I bought after I was rear-ended in traffic in my 1972 Honda Civic. My choice was to fix the bumper on a car that was already beat to hell, or take the money and buy a synth. Easy choice. 

I just recently bought one on Reverb!

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com