Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Problems with Set List Maker and the MODX

So I have been struggling with Set List Maker integrating with my MODX for months now, and Arlo has been kind enough to work with me on this. However, we have not been able to solve the problem.

The problem has to do with correct program changes being sent from Set List Maker to the MODX. We discovered that some of the performances I use have a bank number of 63. So following Viv Savage’s useful suggestion, I changed all those bank numbers to 64 and found that in most cases, the problem was solved. 

However, I still have a problem. For some reason, when selecting a song, the program change is not always making it to the MODX. The performance will not be selected, or worse, the incorrect performance will appear. Sometimes, after hitting the song selection twice, the correct song will appear. In addition, all this does not occur for songs in sets 1, 2, or 3. Only in sets 4 or above.  Its not a USB interface problem as I already tried changing that. Obviously, this would have disastrous effects on a live performance. 

So my question to the community is: I am sure some of you are using Set List Maker to send program changes to your MODX’s and Montages. Have you encountered problems like these? If so, what was your solution? What is your basic set up? I use Set List Maker running on an iPad with a direct connection to the USB input of the MODX. 

Thank you!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, HammondDave said:

The problem has to do with correct program changes being sent from Set List Maker to the MODX. We discovered that some of the performances I use have a bank number of 63.

Hey, sounds like you are sending the bank msb, are you also sending the bank lsb?

I posted a screenshot of my modx7 midi setting in that other thread which might be useful as a reference.

Studio: Motif XF8 / MacBook Pro / Apollo Twin X / M-Audio BX8a / Plug-ins

Live Rig A: Nord Stage 3 Compact 73 / Prophet Rev2 / Various FX pedals (Eventide, Strymon, Lounsberry, Neo Vent II)

Live Rig B: Yamaha MODX7 / Crumar D9-X / B3-X  (iPad)

Amp: MS KP-610s

On 1/30/2024 at 4:20 PM, benj2017 said:

Hey, sounds like you are sending the bank msb, are you also sending the bank lsb?

I posted a screenshot of my modx7 midi setting in that other thread which might be useful as a reference.

Yes I am. 

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D