Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

London boogie woogie piano YouTuber clash with Chinese travel group

Brendan Kavanaugh is a London pianist with a lucrative YouTube channel.  He records his videos on London's public pianos.  Recently he was confronted by a Chinese handler for a travel group.  It got weird.  

The confrontation begins at around 9 minutes in.  Kavanaugh said in a later video that the Chinese (not sure who specifically) are trying to have the video taken down. 

If they didn't want to be seen on camera, they should have moved away from where he was filming as soon as they saw he was filming his performance. By inserting themselves in the process, and starting a confrontation, I'm sure they wound up with a LOT of people recording them, who might not have paid any attention, otherwise.

• Like 1

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

There was some speculation that some in  the Chinese group were maybe related to Chinese Communist Party officials.  Looking at the video, there are some very high dollar fashionably dressed folks in the group.  Of course this  click-gold for Kavanaugh's YT channel.  He said he'll appear on a UK TV show tonight - Talk TV , I think he said.   And BTW, the Chinese handler said they have no problem with average user phone filming - their issue was with monetizing on YouTube.  

Interesting and puzzling. 

I was wondering WTF this was, youtube lately has been pushing all kinds of garbage into my search results and this kept coming up.

Ugh social media.  Ditched FB, I still get on youtube for certain things but they keep trying to clickbait me into whatever nonsense is "important" in this post-factual world...