Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

*Sunday Bashing* Jordan Rudess hears Alicia Keys for the first time

15 hours ago, Jim Alfredson said:
On 2/1/2024 at 3:14 PM, MathOfInsects said:

Of course opinions reflect on people, but I didn't get the sense you were making a general statement about opinions, correct? It read more like it was a swat at all the people commenting negatively on the vid. 

It was not. It was a general comment about everyone's opinions on the video, positive or negative. I wrote, "The commentary in this thread says more about the posters than it does about JR." I was specifically talking about the opinions expressed. I was not ragging on any one specific person or subset of people. I honestly don't know why that comment was so offensive. 

That's the biggest load of post-backtracking-explainification horseshit I've ever heard in my life. 

You took a personal swipe at all of the people making a critical comment saying "it says more about them".    There's no reason why you would direct a swipe like that at gushers of JR.  You're  just trying to balance your aggressive with some passive BS.

If you were at a cocktail party and made that quip to me, I'd fly off the handle and say, "Oh yeah?  Well your music sucks, you are starting to gain weight and resemble Newman/Nedry at the Organ, and I just had sex with your wife".  (hopefully your wife isn't in the hospital in a coma).  Just to up your assholery and raise it up a notch.  A little like what I did in my first response.

Math has so delicately tried to tiptoe around your assholery so as not to raise your ire and explain it to you.   Gotta hand it to him.   I don't give a rat's ass about your ire.   

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

I think Steve Fortner said it best at the top of the forum:

On-line Citizenship

To sum up policies we've explained in numerous threads over the years...

1. Please refrain from ad hominem attacks. This is when someone attacks another person's character, personality, politics, religion, sock mismatch, etc, instead of simply offering reasons against the truth of their claim. Simple example: Premise: Martha Stewart is a notoriously demanding, ruthless person to work for, routinely reducing assistants to tears. Conclusion: Of course she was guilty of stock trading fraud. With ad hominem, it doesn't matter if the premise is possibly true: Martha's personality is not sufficient factual reason to conclude anything about her guilt or innocence.

2. Charlie Brown said it best: Three things its best not to discuss are politics, religion, and the Great Pumpkin. We don't want to be too restrictive, so please feel free to discuss the Great Pumpkin!  Seriously, it may come up that people want to talk about a certain news event, and do so with their fellow keyboarders. If it turns into a Democrats vs Republicans (or any other "vs") thing, though, we reserve the right to delete it. Things just get too uncivil too quickly.

3. Profanity. Please use common sense to keep this forum as work-friendly and kid-friendly as possible. Many corporate and school firewalls automatically block sites based on scanning for cuss words, and we all want to evangelize keyboard-playing to as many people as we can. If you link to something that has explicit content but musical or informational value relative to what this forum is about, that's OK, but please preface your link with something like "WARNING: Not work-safe!" One parent perceiving that their kid learned the F-word "because of" this site is all it takes to start a big sh-, excuse me, doodie-storm.

Thanks for your understanding.

• Like 1

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

27 minutes ago, jazzpiano88 said:

That's the biggest load of post-backtracking-explainification horseshit I've ever heard in my life. 

You took a personal swipe at all of the people making a critical comment saying "it says more about them".    There's no reason why you would direct a swipe like that at gushers of JR.  You're  just trying to balance your aggressive with some passive BS.

If you were at a cocktail party and made that quip to me, I'd fly off the handle and say, "Oh yeah?  Well your music sucks, you are starting to gain weight and resemble Newman/Nedry at the Organ, and I just had sex with your wife".  (hopefully your wife isn't in the hospital in a coma).  Just to up your assholery and raise it up a notch.  A little like what I did in my first response.

Math has so delicately tried to tiptoe around your assholery so as not to raise your ire and explain it to you.   Gotta hand it to him.   I don't give a rat's ass about your ire.   

Your comment above says more about the you than it does about me. ;)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lightbg said:

I think Steve Fortner said it best at the top of the forum:

On-line Citizenship

To sum up policies we've explained in numerous threads over the years...

1. Please refrain from ad hominem attacks. This is when someone attacks another person's character, personality, politics, religion, sock mismatch, etc, instead of simply offering reasons against the truth of their claim. Simple example: Premise: Martha Stewart is a notoriously demanding, ruthless person to work for, routinely reducing assistants to tears. Conclusion: Of course she was guilty of stock trading fraud. With ad hominem, it doesn't matter if the premise is possibly true: Martha's personality is not sufficient factual reason to conclude anything about her guilt or innocence.

2. Charlie Brown said it best: Three things its best not to discuss are politics, religion, and the Great Pumpkin. We don't want to be too restrictive, so please feel free to discuss the Great Pumpkin!  Seriously, it may come up that people want to talk about a certain news event, and do so with their fellow keyboarders. If it turns into a Democrats vs Republicans (or any other "vs") thing, though, we reserve the right to delete it. Things just get too uncivil too quickly.

3. Profanity. Please use common sense to keep this forum as work-friendly and kid-friendly as possible. Many corporate and school firewalls automatically block sites based on scanning for cuss words, and we all want to evangelize keyboard-playing to as many people as we can. If you link to something that has explicit content but musical or informational value relative to what this forum is about, that's OK, but please preface your link with something like "WARNING: Not work-safe!" One parent perceiving that their kid learned the F-word "because of" this site is all it takes to start a big sh-, excuse me, doodie-storm.

Thanks for your understanding.

:yeahthat:

dB

• Like 3

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk: