Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Circles Around the Sun (Psychedelic Rock + Sweet Keyboard Rig)

Adam MacDougall is bad ass.  He replaced Eddie Harsch in the Black Crowes (OK, there was another guy for a minute before Adam).

Saw him many times with The Black Crowes and later with The Chris Robinson Brotherhood after the Crowes broke up.

Vintage keyboards, vintage effects pedals, vintage amps. He keeps LA techs busy. :cool:

Oh yeah, and lots of roadies needed. ;)

• Like 3
:nopity:

On 1/14/2024 at 1:26 PM, Doerfler said:

Adam MacDougall is bad ass.

Thanks bro. I appreciate the back story and agree he is a bad ass. Need to get to know some of those bands. Any recommendations for bad assery? 

As a side note, it takes self confidence to play a Minimoog with those subtle (non-punchy) leads, to complement rather than imitate a guitar. 💪 💪 👏 👏

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 11:58 AM, Tusker said:

Woah! 💪

Nice rig indeed. Very organic sound.

Here's a rundown of the rig. He sure knows how to get the most out of it. 👍 

What a cool setup. Guess I need to get myself one of those brushes! 😆

EDIT: I see they're coming to my town in March, on a double bill with a singer/songwriter/harpist based not too far from me, Mikaela Davis. Looks like she was featured on one of their recent singles as well. That's cool! If I'm available I'll have to try to catch the show.

• Like 1

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

On 1/14/2024 at 1:26 PM, Doerfler said:

He replaced Eddie Harsch in the Black Crowes (OK, there was another guy for a minute before Adam).

That "other guy" would be my friend and neighbor Rob Clores. Besides the Crowes and Chris's solo stuff, also plays/played with Willie Nile, Blues Traveler/John Popper, Little Steven, Jesse Malin.

• Like 3