Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dr. Laura Sanger PHD Clinical Psychologist Talks about how and when A440 became the standard

Just now, Anderton said:

One last time...he hasn't "discovered" anything other than coincidences that interest him enough to warrant further investigation. I really don't think that's something worthy of ridicule, but YMMV.

Ok, fair enough. I think I was remembering the context of the original post about this differently. Unfortunately, the technology for me to be able to go back and check a post that was made in the past, is many, many years in the future. 

• Haha 1

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

1 hour ago, MathOfInsects said:

Ok, fair enough. I think I was remembering the context of the original post about this differently.

Understood, I know you're not an SSS regular but it's common for threads here to go off on tangents that have little, if anything, to do with the original premise. I'm always interested in theories, but conspiracy theories...not so much.:cop:

Then again, things here haven't been quite the same here since Dave Bryce gave the Chairman of the Federal Reserve admin status, with the power to edit posts. Whenever you see a post with which you disagree, you can pretty much assume the Fed has edited it. I know this for a fact, I saw it in a TikTok video. 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

For my band, that A is 415.3047hz   :)     Rebels!   We tune one half step down, and if some perfect pitch purist wanker is out in the audience getting upset over it, bonus :)  

Only a half step but it helps with singing 3-4 hr gigs.  Our guitarist/vocalist does about 30 gigs a month between band, duo and solo--often doubles in one day--so it adds up.