Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looking for Moog Voyager Aftertouch fix/mod

Just picked up a Voyager with slew rate mod, but the aftertouch is not usable. It was a known issue up to a certain point and Moog offered the fix for free. I don't believe they still do that mod, as there is hardware involved.

Any leads, either towards someone who can do it, or for the updated aftertouch board itself?

Thanks!!!!!

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

13 hours ago, The Undead MC said:

What is your location?

Boston area. Willing to ship to someone I can confirm as legit. I'm actually looking into shipping it overseas, but at that point I might be better off replacing it.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

8 hours ago, Jim Alfredson said:

I'd love to know the details of the slew rate mod and the aftertouch mod so I could do them on my Voyager.

I'll share the slew rate mod details later, I'm out of town.

I have the schematic for the Rudi Linhard aftertouch mod.  It's different from the mod that Moog Music built.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 11:11 AM, Phil Aiken said:

Boston area. Willing to ship to someone I can confirm as legit. I'm actually looking into shipping it overseas, but at that point I might be better off replacing it.

I got a reply from a tech from the vintage synth tech group on Facebook..  When I get back in town I'll forward the schematic to him then get you two connected.

3 hours ago, The Undead MC said:

I'll share the slew rate mod details later, I'm out of town.

I have the schematic for the Rudi Linhard aftertouch mod.  It's different from the mod that Moog Music built.

This is just hearsay, but someone familiar with both stated that Rudi's was the better of the two.

3 hours ago, The Undead MC said:

I got a reply from a tech from the vintage synth tech group on Facebook..  When I get back in town I'll forward the schematic to him then get you two connected.

That would be much appreciated!!!! 

16 hours ago, AWkeys said:

Yeah, I have an original Signature Edition and the aftertouch is barely usable. I sent it back to Moog about 4-5 years ago when they offered all the mods including slew-rate, but the aftertouch is still crap.

My original Electric Blue (not the one I currently own) had excellent aftertouch, so it can be done.

• Like 1