Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another family friend dies...

Guy is 46. He's on his way home from a FUNERAL (Sunday), never makes it home. His girlfriend calls his uncle...he's not there.

12 hrs later, he's located at a Harlem hosital. He suffered a massive stroke, they had to operate immediately, without consent/notification.

He was in a coma since Sunday night. The plug was to be pulled at 2pm today. Patrick died (without assistance or lack of) at 1:45pm

!

NYC Drew

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One never knows when one's hour is at hand. Another sad lesson in making each second of your life count, never putting anything off. I need to heed my own advice.

Sincerest condolences, Drew.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

My sincere condolances to you and your friend's family. I'm at a point in life where I've started feeling vulnerable. Every story like this reminds me each day is a gift to be savored. :cry:

I feel the same way, fantasticsound.

Drew, remember your friend fondly and thanks for sharing.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Thanks all.

If he was overweight, all of us (maybe except twiggy) is. Heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure - run rampant thru his family.

My guess is, he as 5'10", 205lbs.

I'm 5'10" 192lbs...doc sez I could lose 5-10lbs but am in great shape.

He was raised by his uncle (the deceased lost both parents at an early age), who also in (another) hospital on Monday to check on his pacemaker and a possible angioplasy (spelling?)...the old fellow is a big bundle of shakes (he's in his 70's, this was the only son/child he knew, his wife died around the same time as my dad, which is how we became close...)

Two weeks ago my wife went to a funeral for a church member who was shot in the head during an attempted car jacking on the way from church...this is getting hard.

I try to squeeze my kids and wife every chance I get...cuz my crystal ball does not work, nor would I want it to work.

Regards, and thanks for your thoughts.

NYC Drew

Archived