Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NPD: EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress.

20 hours ago, surfergirl said:

I really liked the demo of the Walking On The Moon pedal on the cool new effects page, especially into a delay. I looked up the Deluxe Electric Mistress and Sweetwater has it for $99, regular price $181+, I bought one.

I bet you're going to really enjoy that! I look forward to your report...

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I’m not a huge modulation guy but … the Mistress is iconic. 

• Like 4

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

It's limited to stock on hand. Probably replacing it with the Walking On The Moon. Since Sweetwater has already lowered their price, maybe others will soon. This is my last effects purchase ever, ever, but the EHX Bad Stone Phase Shifter.🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jennifer S.

24 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

It's limited to stock on hand. Probably replacing it with the Walking On The Moon. Since Sweetwater has already lowered their price, maybe others will soon. This is my last effects purchase ever, ever, but the EHX Bad Stone Phase Shifter.🤔

Until you play through a BBE Sonic Maximizer pedal, and then you say "Oh my God, I have to get one of these!"

• Like 3
I rock; therefore, I am.

1 hour ago, Sharkman said:

Until you play through a BBE Sonic Maximizer pedal, and then you say "Oh my God, I have to get one of these!"

Y' know, I think I appreciated those more years ago, and somehow as my tastes shifted and drifted, they're less appealing to me. NOT a knock against the pedal or anyone that likes 'em! Not at all! I do think that it works best for heavier overdrive and distortion, it lends itself to those tones...

I bet that you'd also very much like the Pitch Modulator Mode of a TC Electronic Stereo Chorus/Flanger, especially for overdriven/distorted riffs 'n chords. It just plain sounds mean that way, unlike most "chorus" effects. 'Thinner' in a good way than the TC SC/F's full-on Chorus Mode, somewhat ranging toward the types of modulation sounds like the Boss Dimension, and your Sonic Maximizer...

1 hour ago, surfergirl said:

...but the EHX Bad Stone Phase Shifter...

Is that one that you already have, already have on order, or one that you want to eventually get?

Cool pedal, sometimes a tad noisy (EHX pedals often vary, though, being a little inconsistent, even notoriously so), but such noise can actually kind of contribute in a cool way as that seeps into the sweep and feedback.

Personally, I like their original Small Stone even better- simpler, 'just-right', and the Color switch should always be in the more extreme setting and never changed. ;) 

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

28 minutes ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

Is that one that you already have, already have on order, or one that you want to eventually get?

Just a thought for the future. I'm always looking for different things, but if I can't pay for it as soon as the bill comes in I wait.

• Like 4

Jennifer S.

On 7/14/2023 at 11:29 AM, surfergirl said:

I really liked the demo of the Walking On The Moon pedal on the cool new effects page, especially into a delay. I looked up the Deluxe Electric Mistress and Sweetwater has it for $99, regular price $181+, I bought one.

I did the exact same thing! I believe the Andy Summers pedal is the exact same thing with different graphics, so the DEM has been discontinued and replaced with it...

the AS WOTM pedal is $129, incidentally... I didn't see that before I ordered the DEM, I probably would've just gotten the WOTM to kick Andy some love (he doesn't need the $$$, not after that reunion tour...).

Of course, I have a big box old EHX PolyChorus that does Flange and the filter matrix thing... and my old 80s Boss Flanger (which I used to get Police sounds, thinking I should've been using a chorus, but it turns out Andy was using the flanger the same way), and a couple of other flangers and an HX Stomp that has every effect in it... but this will be small and pedal board friendly and easy to dial-in onstage... or that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, surfergirl said:

"This is my last effects purchase ever, ever..."

what I say to myself every day... last week the Maxon Chorus (the old purple Ibanez chorus from the 80s) as a Stupid Deal of the Day got me...

• Like 3