Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any fans of Alter Bridge?

Formed by three-fourths of the members of Creed (bassist Brian Marshall, guitarist Mark Tremonti, and drummer Scott Phillips) and vocalist Myles Kennedy replacing Scott Stapp, alter Bridge has become one of the biggest names in hard rock since their forming in 2004. Their debut album, One Day Remains, was released that same year, and featured their first big hit, Open Your Eyes, which has become a signature song of sorts for the band.

The album also featured their other well known song, Broken Wings.

Their second album, Blackbird, was released in 2007, and many Alter Bridge fans consider it to be their greatest album to date. The 7-minute long title track is proof that Mark Tremonti is the group's most well known member, and why many music publications consider him to be one of the greatest guitarists in the world.

Their sound actually feels more compared to progressive metal bands like Dream Theater and Queensryche, than they do Creed. I was a bit worried about listening at first to Alter Bridge, given that Creed had a reputation for being critcally panned. But after reading so many good reviews for Alter Bridge's first two albums, I figured I'd give them a listen. And I am so glad I did, because Alter Bridge is becoming one of my favorite bands right now!

I hope you guys like Alter Bridge and respect the powerful vocals of Myles Kennedy and chugging guitar of Mark Tremonti. I know I already do!

• Like 4

Myles has done some cool stuff like with Slash and Alter Bridge, but I'll always think of him for this scene. "Mike, but my friends call me Thor, God of Thundaaaaa!!" : D

• Like 3

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI