Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MPN Shop upgrade - now a community music store!

A few years ago we built an MPN Shop - mainly because I wanted an MPN hat and t-shirt, and figured I might not be the only one. 😊  Then, in addition to the merch, we expanded the shop to add a few select Craig Anderton products. It’s also where we built a Donations page so folks could help support MPN.

However, given how COVID changed the way people shop for and buy stuff, it occurred to me that the MPN Shop could offer a community-centric alternative to conventional “etailers". We could actually carry a few selected lines that are relevant to the community, write up tips and tricks about the gear, have forum discussions about specific items, and be able to bundle useful freebies with some products. This would also help bring back some of the social, community vibe that’s often missing in music stores these days. What’s more, sufficient sales could conceivably support MPN—and keep the site running smoothly—without our needing to ask for donations. 

So I made a few calls, and found that…Yes! We can, in fact, have our own “on-premises” music store. 

Two things were key in making this possible: fortunately, quite a few companies can drop-ship products directly to their customers, so we don’t need a warehouse or shipping department (however, we can’t ship products outside of the continental US…apologies); and, thanks to the donations so many of you sent recently to MPN, we can afford to build out MPN Shop pages and make sure everything goes smoothly. 

I decided that the best way to approach this would probably be to open one line at a time. That way, we could more easily evaluate whether or not we like each one. Sooooo…

[drum roll, please]

I’m happy to announce that Warm Audio products are now available for purchase in the the MPN Shop!  We picked Warm Audio because they have an excellent reputation for making all sorts of great-sounding useful products at affordable price points. Warranty and support are the same as what the company normally offers.

If we like how this goes, we can add more stuff - both hardware and software - in relatively short order.  And of course, since this is a community music store, you can have input into which lines you’d like to see us carry.

To be clear, MPN isn't looking to carry everything under the sun, nor all products made by every manufacturer. The goal is to curate an assortment of hardware and software lines specifically for this community.  Think of them as MPN’s “Pick Hits." 😎

I'd love to hear what y’all think of this idea…

dB

• Like 5

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Some of the on-line stores I order from are Stewmac for guitar parts, luthier tools, etc.  JustStrings for guitar, bass and other instrument strings.  Another cool site is Warmoth for guitar necks and bodies.  Maybe take a look at these sites and see hundreds if not thousands of goodies.  I don't know how the arrangement works with companies (like Warm Audio), but maybe MPN could have a link setup with these companies and get a kick back when we click on them via the MPN store?  Just a thought...:idk:

• Like 1
Take care, Larryz

14 hours ago, Larryz said:

Some of the on-line stores I order from are Stewmac for guitar parts, luthier tools, etc.  JustStrings for guitar, bass and other instrument strings.  Another cool site is Warmoth for guitar necks and bodies.  Maybe take a look at these sites and see hundreds if not thousands of goodies.  I don't know how the arrangement works with companies (like Warm Audio), but maybe MPN could have a link setup with these companies and get a kick back when we click on them via the MPN store?  Just a thought...:idk:

What you’re referring to is called an affiliate link.  The Sweetwater banners we ran for a little while were affiliate links.  Honestly, they didn’t work as well as we’d have liked…but I’ll be glad to take a look at the companies you’ve suggested.  I totally appreciate the recommendation! 👊🏼

I did manage to find some fun guitar goodies, even one or two well-known manufacturers who we’ll be able to sell.  😊

dB

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Scott Fraser said:

Perhaps an emphasis on carrying products from the "Cool New Effects" thread which generate interest via a lively conversation.

BRILLIANT!

• Like 1

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

18 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

Do you guys know Vertex Effects, or Carl Martin?  We have access to both of those...

dB

Carl Martin effects are excellent, having a very good reputation; although I don't own any.

Personally, I'll never have anything to do with anything Vertex at all, and would recommend that anyone steer clear.

• Like 3

FWIW, today's add is Ik Multimedia (just the hardware - software will follow shortly).

Have any of you tried either of their guitar pedals?

Ik Multimedia AmpliTube X-DRIVE (Distortion)

00373596-wl.jpg.3a01dc1824429cca429a6f9e711849fe.jpg

Ik Multimedia AmpliTube X-TIME (Delay)

00373594-wl.jpg.07572fd16f2a8f9b93497a3b05c4619f.jpg

dB

• Like 1

TASCAM in da house!

I love these guys.  They’ve been providing all sorts of easy to use, affordable audio capture and delivery solutions for as long as I can remember.  My earliest multitrack was a TEAC 3340S four track reel-to reel, and over the years I’ve owned Portastudios, TASCAM consoles (my 320B was my baby in the ‘80s) and even had an MS16 1” sixteen track reel-to-reel at one point in the early ‘90s.

These days, they still do Portastudios, but now their consoles are way affordable and have built-in multitrack recorders with onboard effects.  They also offer a nice selection of hand held capture devices, audio interfaces of all shapes and sizes as well as a few commercial/industrial audio solutions.

Coming later this week - a way cool company with not only one of the most sought after line of effects pedals on the market today,  but also a few kick-ass Eurorack modules! 🤔😊

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

Coming later this week - a way cool company with not only one of the most sought after line of effects pedals on the market today,  but also a few kick-ass Eurorack modules! 🤔😊

I’m especially proud to announce that we’ve added Strymon to the MPN Shop. 🥳

As some of you may know, Strymon is very choosy about whom they open up as a dealer…so I’m really proud to be able to offer their products. I’ve known a bunch of the Strymon folks for decades, so they were kind enough to let MPN carry the line; plus, they’re a ten minute drive away from me, so I can go pick up whatever I need from them directly. :2thu:

I have a bunch of their stuff - Blue Sky is the main reverb for my PA, Iridium is a huge part of my guitar rig, and of all the phaser pedals that I own the Zelzah is the one that I use the most - it lives on my pedal board.

For those of you unfamiliar with their stuff, I encourage you to check it out. 😎

dB

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

I’m especially proud to announce that we’ve added Strymon to the MPN Shop. 🥳

As some of you may know, Strymon is very choosy about whom they open up as a dealer…so I’m really proud to be able to offer their products. I’ve known a bunch of the Strymon folks for decades, so they were kind enough to let MPN carry the line; plus, they’re a ten minute drive away from me, so I can go pick up whatever I need from them directly. :2thu:

I have a bunch of their stuff - Blue Sky is the main reverb for my PA, Iridium is a huge part of my guitar rig, and of all the phaser pedals that I own the Zelzah is the one that I use the most - it lives on my pedal board.

For those of you unfamiliar with their stuff, I encourage you to check it out. 😎

dB

Outstanding! There is much love for Strymon pedalry in the House of O'Shite!

Are PayPal and PayPal Credit a payment option? Shipping and Handling, Taxes? I might hafta make my next Strymon purchases here- and there are two or three or more that I'd rrreeeaallly love to have... I already own and love an El Capistan, a Flint, and an Iridium...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

Are PayPal and PayPal Credit a payment option?

PayPal yes, and I believe PayPal cc will work.

All accepted payment methods are listed at the bottom of each page in the MPN Store.

Shipping and Handling, Taxes?

Yep.  Automatically added.

I might hafta make my next Strymon purchases here- and there are two or three or more that I'd rrreeeaallly love to have... I already own and love an El Capistan, a Flint, and an Iridium...

I love my Iridium!  Makes an excellent quick rig with my H9 Max.

dB

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

I love my Iridium!  Makes an excellent quick rig with my H9 Max.

I'll tell you what, Iridium > El Capistan > Flint is an OUTSTANDING combination. I'd love to put a Deco in-between the Iridium and the El Cap, too.

Put a good germanium Rangemaster Treble Booster type in front of that Iridium, set to its "Punch"/Marshall Mode and IR's. A wah- parked or manipulated- is also excellent there. I'd also highly recommend the Keeley Retro Super Germanium Phat Mod; alternate it with the Treble Booster to go between karate-chop and big fat OD boost. Another excellent OD to stack into the Iridium is the Origin Effects Halcyon Green Overdrive- reverses the infamous TS "mid-hump" when rolling back the guitar's volume-knob and dynamically adjusting your picking-hand "touch", restoring highs and lows as it "cleans up"; fantastic!

Speakin' o' which- hit up Robert Keeley for the store! Let him know that I (Kevin Miller on Facebook) suggested it!

• Like 3

hit up Robert Keeley for the store! Let him know that I (Kevin Miller on Facebook) suggested it!

Will do!  Thank you, brother! 👊

BTW - I checked to make sure, and we can do free shipping on the Strymon stuff. 😎

dB

• Like 3

I've been online fantasy shopping Strymon pedals for a few years. I'd like a Blue Sky. I've never had a reverb pedal, the ones on my amps are just ok. For now, unless some drops $700 in our tip jar tonight(I have to split it), I'll have to wait. 

• Like 2

Jennifer S.

8 hours ago, surfergirl said:

I've been online fantasy shopping Strymon pedals for a few years. I'd like a Blue Sky. I've never had a reverb pedal, the ones on my amps are just ok. For now, unless some drops $700 in our tip jar tonight(I have to split it), I'll have to wait. 

I'll tell you what (I seem to be typing that a lot lately :D), the Flint is so good at BOTH reverb AND Tremolo that I have no need for their blueSky or Big Sky pedals. The Flint's " '80s Rack/Hall Reverb" and " '70s Studio Plate Reverb" are absolutely beautiful! "YMMV" on its " '60s Tube Spring Reverb"- it somehow doesn't please me but many people love it; if I have to have spring reverb that I like better, I have actual spring reverb options, but the Flint's other two Reverb Modes RRREEEAALLLY SATISFY me and then some.

Being able to feed stellar Reverb into epic Tremolo with one pedal is fantastic- the Reverb trails getting chopped-up by the Tremolo is a, THE, CLASSIC reverb and tremolo sound...

• Like 2

The Flint is the first one I thought of, but I already have tremolo. I have some pedals I'm not using and might sell them, the tremolo is one of them. In that case the Fint doesn't sound so expensive, $349 is really only $175 per pedal. The reason I don't use my tremolo is I don't like mini pedals.

• Like 1

Jennifer S.

@surfergirl, I only use my tremolo pedal on my amp for surf tunes and mostly just for intros and endings.  With a name like surfergirl, you gotta hold on to that tremolo pedal LoL!  The same concept goes for my whammy bars, I mostly just use them for surf tunes and for an ending chord, when I have a guitar equipped with one...  😎👍

• Love 1
Take care, Larryz

Another new line for the MPN Store - Presonus is now live.

I didn’t add everything they offer.  

First of all, none of the software is up there because we’re still not quite set up to handle that at the moment..but I also avoided some of the bigger heavier PA stuff for now; however, if any of y’all want anything from them that you don’t see, please let me know and I’ll try to get it up there for you.

dB

• Like 3

2 hours ago, desertbluesman said:

I have some Presonus stuff, and it is excellent.

I agree.  :2thu:

I’m an especially big fan of their Sceptre coaxial monitors.  I even worked with Presonus to help promote them when they first came out (for those of you who don’t know I’m kind of a speaker geek 🤓 ).

Here’s a video of me talking about them a while back at Sweetwater’s Gearfest.

…and, of course, we do offer both the S6 (6.5” driver) and S8 (8” driver) on the MPN Shop. 😎

dB

• Like 3

One up, one down.

Unfortunately, Korg has recently decided that the only thing we could sell are their tuners, so I’ve unlit that collection unless that changes.

However, we’re adding a bunch of products from the Gator Cases folks.  Useful stuff to have in the shop, I’d say. 😎

dB

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Larryz said:

@Dave Bryce, thanks for a great coaxial monitor video Dave!  😎👍

My pleasure, Larry!  I love me some coax monitoring... ☺️

So, check it out: thanks to brother Caev’s recommendation, we've now got Keeley Electronics! 

They have over 30 products, so the Keeley folks and I decided to only light up ten at a time. The ones you see up there now are their best sellers.  And yes - free shipping. 🥳

dB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

Unfortunately, Korg has recently decided that the only thing we could sell are their tuners, so I’ve unlit that collection unless that changes.

🤔 💡✨ The Peterson StroboStomp HD is hands-down the very best pedal-tuner ever made.

And the downloadable app and adapter-cable for ones phone delivers most of the same features and performance- for about $25... !

• Like 2