Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MPN Shop upgrade - now a community music store!

1 hour ago, Tom Williams said:

I know it's a redundancy, but it might help to make the logos at the bottom of the shop's home page clickable.

I know, I know... :duck:

It has to be done with code, which is over my head.  Jim Quinn has promised to help with this today.

The menu at the very top is clickable, and contains things for which we have no logos - Anderton Collection, Bundles, MPN Merch…

dB

• Like 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Okay, so I created an ALL SOFTWARE category.  🤓

I was inspired because there are some software products sold by companies that also make lots of hardware, and I don’t want them to get lost.  Think Syntronik Deluxe, which is sold by Ik Multimedia.

dB

Could we be any more pleased to add Casio to the MPN Shop:keys2: 🥳

I’m a big fan - I own three Casios (PX-S1000, CT-1000S and CT-S1).  I even did a promotional video for the CT-S1  (with killer graphics and video editing/assembly by brother Craig Anderton) when it first came out.  

We did a Team Test on the CT-1000V in the Gearlab as well.

dB

• Wow! 2
  • Cool 1
  • Love 1

A couple of details regarding shipping, if I may:

First of all, as noted on the front page of the shop, we are only authorized to sell and ship hardware products inside the Continental US.  

Also, in an effort to thank the MPN community for their support and patronage, shipping will be free on all products purchased from the MPN Shop.*  😎

dB

* except for the MPN merch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

Could we be any more pleased to add Casio to the MPN Shop:keys2: 🥳

Made my day! Thanks David and everyone at MPN. 

• Like 2

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

• 2 weeks later...

This site is lookin’ gooood. I know for a fact that brother dB is doing a bang up job getting all the deets in there and everything looking nice and organized. It’s a store we can be proud of!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

On 8/20/2023 at 5:34 PM, Joe Muscara said:

I know for a fact that brother dB is doing a bang up job getting all the deets in there and everything looking nice and organized.

The reason brother Joe knows for a fact is that he’s been helping me. So far, neither of us seems to have broken it…:duck: :D

There are 15 brands in the store currently, mostly hardware and some software.  We did our best to come up with a decent assortment of cool, useful gear for as many members as possible - keyboard folks, string pickers, singers, etc - and a decent amount of tools for recording. Software-wise, we went mostly with virtual instruments and some processors, not so much with DAWs.  It feels like a good idea that most of the products in the store gravitate towards the affordable side of the spectrum, and are fairly easy to ship. 

I think that’s enough for us to be able to evaluate if this works for the community.  Luckily, the MPN Shopify store has been in place for a few years now with the Merch and Craig’s software products, so all we really had to do was arrange to add a nice selection of cool toys and build pages for them.  

It’s amazing how much we were able to get done without spending much $.  We didn’t have to build a physical store; and, thanks to some fairly solid support for MPN from a bunch of really cool partners, everything is going to be drop-shipped and directly supported…so we didn’t have to buy any stock, and we know that anyone who purchases anything from the MPN Store will be taken care of, from technical support to warranty issues. 

I don’t think there are many other discussion group communities that have tried to integrate a retail component, so I’m very curious to see if this is something that’s interesting and useful to the community.  

It’s important to emphasize that this is an experiment, so please do feel free to share your feedback - that’d be tremendously helpful. 

dB

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

A couple more details about the MPN Shop:

• Shopify's Shop Pay is implemented, including Shop Pay Installments (buy now, pay later - up to 24 months).
  • Not all products by each manufacturer on the MPN Shop are currently listed.  If there's a product from a manufacturer that's not up there, let us know and we may be able to add it.

dB

• Like 2

First time I've seen this thread! I think it's great!!!

I plan on visiting the shop and taking a look before I say much. I will mention that today my Keith MicMillen BopPad arrived so I need to give that spin too. 

It looks and feels awesome, just gotta fire it up later and play some MIDI drum plugins. Reviews are very good. 

• Like 2
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Whatever passes for "winter" now is coming eventually, so I'm going to need one of those knit MPN beanies. :rocker: :thu:

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

“The joy of dogs is that they free us of our own undignified existence,
   our self-consciousness and inhibitions;
    our self-imposed hindrances to pleasure;
     our unwillingness to be embarrassed, exposed, or vulnerable.”
        ~ Alexandra Horowitz