Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Damon Albarn playing a Graham Coxon signature model Fender Telecaster

image.jpeg.87ae337779f52c46acbd2f7de83c2915.jpeg

the mastermind behind the Britpop band Blur and the equally important Gorillaz, in which he writes all the songs, sings and plays most of the instruments, Damon Albarn is mostly known as a singer and keyboard player. He does, however, play guitar on some songs, including a Fender Mustang. This clip of him on Jimmy Kimmel shows Damon playing a Graham Coxon signature model Fender Telecaster. What makes this Telecaster a signature model is that it is modeled after the vintage Telecasters Graham Coxon played in Blur. They are CBS Telecasters: they have the black Fender logo always associated with CBS Fender guitars, and they also have a rosewood fretboard and a neck humbucker. I’m not sure how long Damon has had this Telecaster, or if Fender gave it to him.

I really like Blur. I just discovered them a few years ago, and they’ve become one of my favorite bands. I own their Parklife CD, and I also own their Blur Best Of DVD which showcases several of their music videos.

• Like 1

I can’t say I’m a big fan of Damon’s- either in Blur or Gorillaz- but there’s enough killer tunes in his discography that I have great respect for his work.  Both bands have songs I’d consider essential listening for their time, and I have a few albums by each.

Some of my personal favorites:

• Like 2

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

I'm a huge Blur fan and bought the Blur Box when it came out. I also love his opera! But I never got around to checking out Gorillaz in depth.

• Like 3

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager