Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg opsix SE

ElmerJFudd

I admit most of my real time control tweaking is just using the 6 sliders to manage the levels of the 6 operators, and the data entry knobs for the usual filter tweaking - cutoff and resonance, if the preset uses one of the virtual analog filters such as MS-20 or Polysix.

An Operator on Opsix can be set to one of 6 Modes - FM, Ring Mod, Filter, Filter FM, Wavefolder, and Effect.  Some of my favorite sounds use the Operator Effect Mode  with the effect set to Comb Filter

• Like 1

Hell. If I can create FM sounds anyone can.  

Well … Other than the twin TX81Zs, I didn’t really com into my own until FM7 and MOD-7. 

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Yeah, I've had two FM synths: 

- the MOD7 if my Kronos, which I've used sounds from but NEVER tweaked. 

- A Yamaha DX200 which was fun to fiddle with because is had dedicated knobs for some of the crucial FM params and also analog filters added.  (Kinda wish I still had it, but I'm not a synth pack rat.)

So to state the obvious, the interface makes a huge difference in encouraging/discouraging sound creation.

• Like 1

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

• 5 months later...

Looks like the SE and Platinum models may be struggling out of the gate. 

Korg is offering 18%-23% discount pricing on the Opsix SE and Wavestate SE and Platinum depending on the retailer.😎

• Like 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"