Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: What would you do in New Orleans?

I don't think it matches your visit schedule, but Tuba Skinny are at dba on Frenchmen Street July 1, 8, and 15. They are my favorite live band.

• Like 1
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Acme Oyster Bar. "Oyster Loaf dressed" Wash back with an Abita something or 'nother or a "Dixie" if you're OG.

Joe Krown

https://www.joekrown.com/gigs.htm

Yamaha CP73; 145 gig Leslie; Nord Electro 61; Oberheim OB3^2; Wurlitzer 200A; Ampeg Gemini I amp; Speakeasy Leslie preamp; QSC K-10

(dearly departed, now serving the Lord in Bryant AR: '58 B3, Bob Schleicher 50C Leslie)

9 hours ago, stoken6 said:

Tuba Skinny's singer nails the 1920s accent!

Cheers, Mike.

Yes, Erika Lewis is perfect for Tuba Skinny's music. She's not always with them for live performances, but there's lots of videos of her with them on utoob. The other players are all very good too. 

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2023 at 11:12 AM, Tusker said:

Nothing like a little helpful Svenning bro. 👍 ❤️ Does Sven know he has become a verb? 😅

I thought I detected a disturbance in the force (no, not you Steve ;) ). Hope everyone is well, thanks for the remembrance. :thu:

• Like 1
  • Cool 2

On 6/21/2023 at 10:07 AM, ksoper said:

Find Jon Cleary...

Saw Jon Cleary at the urging of tonysounds several years when I was there with the Mrs.. I think we were at the Maple leaf. Wherever it was, it was far enough away that we had to take a cab. We walk into the place and first impression was "what a toilet!". But the vibe seemed cool so we got a drink and decided to hang. And then the music started. Omg. Blown away. Jon Cleary is a must see in my book! 

• Like 2

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

Plantation Tours, Tipitiana's, Burbon Street, River Tour, ... Bordellos if your looking for love, (watch Easy Rider !!)  ...... and the food!  

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122