Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth plays PRS Guitars...

The guitarist, lead singer and principal composer for the Swedish metal band Opeth, Mikael Akerfeldt has been known to play Paul Reed Smith guitars. Mikael has been using Paul Reed Smith customs since the early nineties, and almost every Opeth album features his PRS guitars, played usually through Laney and Marshall amplifiers.
image.thumb.png.8a55e9858bafd25216c7dd7cbdf329d2.png
  image.png.cb8d0c03ae156b1bd8d46cdf06ad4564.pngimage.png.c29cd846b6708356b2c2b936e08131eb.png
He has also used a lot of other guitars too: much of the Still Life album featured Gibson guitars, including a 1974 Gibson Les Paul, various Jackson guitars, and a few Strats.

Here are just a few of my favorite songs by Opeth. I hope you like it…

• Like 2

I like PRS & Opeth.  I almost bought a PRS as my first electric, but I didn’t understand the used market back then.😕

And I’ve actually gotten my 77yo mom enjoying some Opeth as well.  Mostly the more prog stuff without the death growls, as one might expect.

For example:

• Like 2

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/