Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Recommend me an AP plugin, stand-alone, small footprint, no CPU hog

7 hours ago, Ibarch said:

Take a look at Addictive Keys. It runs standalone and is not resource hungry. I prefer it to Pianoteq. 

I thought Addidictive Keys required a host? I don't own it so I'm not very familiar with it.

:nopity:

As soon as you're running more than one VST, you probably want to run in a host, for a variety of reasons. And unless you're just already comfortable with the DAW environment, you're probably better off using a host specifically designed for performance (rather than "re-purposing" something primarily designed for recording/production). So, something like Gig Performer, Camelot Pro, or Cantabile.

But back to the question at hand, yeah, Pianoteq was the first thing that popped into my mind as well, just because its known for its efficient use of resources. (Heck, they got it running on a Raspberry Pi.)

• Like 2

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

45 minutes ago, Doerfler said:

I thought Addidictive Keys required a host? I don't own it so I'm not very familiar with it.

It has a standalone program included as well - same as Addictive Drums.

• Like 1

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

4 hours ago, Doerfler said:

It has a standalone apps for both Windows & Mac, as well as VST/AU/AAX plugins. 

I own the studio grand, not bought the other instruments. 

• Like 1

I got the Arturia Piano v2 with a KeyLab mkII.

It plays pretty good. No - it sounds pretty good - the 88 KeyLab I hated to play!
No CPU hog and the standalone app is very customisable.

Friend of mine has Pianoteq, and that felt very natural even on his cheap 88 controller, more so than the Arturia.

4 minutes ago, Adam Burgess said:

I got the Arturia Piano v2 with a KeyLab mkII.

It plays pretty good. No - it sounds pretty good - the 88 KeyLab I hated to play!
No CPU hog and the standalone app is very customisable.

Friend of mine has Pianoteq, and that felt very natural even on his cheap 88 controller, more so than the Arturia.

With Arturia V Collection 9, I got Piano V3 and is an step up from V2. I wonder why is so little known, compared to Pianoteq. I own both, and are pretty decent sounding virtual pianos