Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

REST IN PEACE TINA TURNER

Seems like she's always been there. She sure had a rougher go at it than many, but go at it. she did. I'll always remember her big, loud, genuine laugh, that'll be first to come to mind.

• Like 5

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I was fortunate to see her live in Taipei. I recall her commenting about the loud monitors. 

Her spoken intro to 'Proud Mary' makes 90% of female rappers sound like schoolkids. 

Think I'll sing the 'Thunderdome' song at an anniversary party next month. 

• Like 3

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

• 3 weeks later...

It wasn't until her death that I realized by just how many years she predated almost anyone still alive in the music business: early 1950's, as I recall. Truly one of the inventors of Rock 'n' Roll!

• Like 3

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Turner began her career with Ike Turner's band Kings of Rhythm in 1957. Under the name Little Ann, she appeared on her first record, "Boxtop", in 1958. In 1960, she debuted as Tina Turner with the hit duet single "A Fool in Love". The duo Ike & Tina Turner became "one of the most formidable live acts in history."

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Mark Schmieder said:

It wasn't until her death that I realized by just how many years she predated almost anyone still alive in the music business: early 1950's, as I recall. Truly one of the inventors of Rock 'n' Roll!

Ike Turner, Tina's late husband, is credited by many people as having written the first rock and roll song, titled "Rocket 88", back in March 1951.  Ike was a lousy husband, but a terrific musician.

• Like 2
I rock; therefore, I am.