Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NPD: EHX Lizard Queen.

22 hours ago, surfergirl said:

It's on the way. Sweetwater, GC and MF didn't have any in stock. I found one at Sam Ash and my friend picked one for me at City of Industry, Ca. store.

https://www.ehx.com/products/lizard-queen/

That's great! You're going to have some fun with THAT.

I love everything about how that pedal came to be, the whole backstory, and the whole fictional backstory, as well. The colorway and fonts and all, too.

Stack it into other pedals, experiment. I highly recommend feeding it into an overdriven amp, or overdrive and distortion pedals. If you have anything along the lines of a Tube Screamer, an OD with that TS "mid-hump", stack that into your Lizard Queen's input to give it a bit of a mid-boost. I'd be very glad to kick the ball around with you about using it in the near future! Did I mention that I'm really into octave-fuzzes... ? :D 

I absolutely rabidly 💖LOVE 💖 octave-fuzz pedals of all kinds, octave-up, down, two octaves down; and I have entirely too many, of all kinds. And of course, I want to get entirely too many more, of all kinds.

I'm an octave-fuzz fiend and freak.

I will eventually get one of those, and one of the big-box time-machine versions, as well. Just because I think they're both cool; from more of a 'collector' perspective than I usually hold about various pedals.

Besides the fact that I already have quite a few different octave-fuzz pedals, I have little or no need for a Lizard Queen- I have other pedals that do more or less what it does, and others still that suit me better, especially for particular reasons, needs, uses. I have octave-fuzzes the way golfers have golf-clubs.

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I'd been looking at this for a couple of weeks, couldn't get myself to buy it. When Anna had so much fun with the Satisfaction Fuzz I said why not. It's supposed to be here tomorrow, if so I'll use it this weekend. I have a older TS9 reissue, haven't used in several years, but I'm check it out and see if it's working ok. Assuming the TS9 is in working order  I'll give Anna the Klon and I'll use the Lizard Queen, my AceTone and TS9, along with the 2b and delay. So much for cutting down on effects, but having more fun than I've had in a while. Don't get me wrong I loved playing with best friends for 11+ years and the 3 of us that are here still practice 2 or 3 times a month and would play for friends weddings or parties as a trio.

• Like 3

Jennifer S.

• 2 weeks later...

It arrived last week and went this weekend. After playing with it all week I decided to simplify everything. I used 2b, TS9 and the Lizard Queen, Anna a Micro Amp, Klon and Satisfaction Fuzz. We changed location to a place we crank it up a little without bothering people eating outside. We picked a spot surrounded be surf shops, a ukulele store and the beach. It was great, instead of people walking buy and pausing for a minute or 2 we actually were getting an audience.north-shore-oahu-surf-n-sea-768x513.webp.36017afc439401712ebc8a32dfbef60f.webp348s.jpg.6b1c8bc36563c0223270022ed359349a.jpg

• Like 4

Jennifer S.

@surfergirl  Congratulations on attracting an audience!  I love it when that happens and when you return, some of them will come back as well.  Before you know it, you will make new friends and start a following...Glad the pedal worked out for you too! 😎👍

• Like 3
Take care, Larryz

7 hours ago, surfergirl said:

It arrived last week and went this weekend. After playing with it all week I decided to simplify everything. I used 2b, TS9 and the Lizard Queen, Anna a Micro Amp, Klon and Satisfaction Fuzz. We changed location to a place we crank it up a little without bothering people eating outside. We picked a spot surrounded be surf shops, a ukulele store and the beach. It was great, instead of people walking buy and pausing for a minute or 2 we actually were getting an audience.north-shore-oahu-surf-n-sea-768x513.webp.36017afc439401712ebc8a32dfbef60f.webp348s.jpg.6b1c8bc36563c0223270022ed359349a.jpg

I love everything about that. I bet you do, too.

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

It's that old saying in the real estate business:  Location, location, location.  You found a good spot, and you were playing music that people wanted to listen to.  That's great.  I hope you have a lot of fun, and get a lot of cash from it.

• Like 3
I rock; therefore, I am.

This spot was well thought out. None of us would ever consider surfing here, so beginners, tourists taking lessons and paddle boarders. It's sheltered, ankle high is about as good as it gets. There are locals who come to shop and we love them but, like us, they don't have a lot of extra cash. There's no place to setup on the street side, so setup on the backside facing the beach. That worked out better than we thought. People came from the front to see what was happening and there was room to dance. 

Now that school's out we can go out in the evenings after I get off work, if we want.

• Like 4

Jennifer S.