Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

35 minutes ago, SamuelBLupowitz said:

There is definitely a setting you can toggle for this on my Electro 4D. Just double-checked the manual to make sure. "Perc 9 Drawbar Cancel" is option 8 on the B3 menu on that board.

Yes, Electro 5 had it as well. NS3 did not. The NS3 was missing numerous organ settings that the Electro had. 😞

• Like 1

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

5 hours ago, AnotherScott said:

Yes, Electro 5 had it as well. NS3 did not. The NS3 was missing numerous organ settings that the Electro had. 😞

Can you manually push that drawbar in when percussion is engaged and get the same effect as a workaround? (non-Nord guy question)

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

58 minutes ago, Threadslayer said:

Can you manually push that drawbar in when percussion is engaged and get the same effect as a workaround? (non-Nord guy question)

Yes, that will give you the same sound.

• Like 1

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

On 2/6/2024 at 8:32 PM, AnotherScott said:

No one is suggesting that they ditch the lights. Just that there be at least an option to be able to override the fixed split points. Or, considering the price of a Nord Stage 4, maybe they could put LEDs over each key, like Native Instruments does on their Komplete-S controllers. Then they could still indicate the splits with lights while also giving total freedom of where those splits can be.

This doesn't really affect me (yet) thanks to how and what I play.  But that said, I completely, 100% agree that these fixed split points are unacceptable.  The idea that the most expensive, capable, best sounding board of its kind, restricts players to preset split points is simply impossible for me to understand.  Is there any other board that does this?  I mean, I guess it'd be sort of OK if there were only one key that people play in.  But obviously that's not the case!

• 3 months later...

Long time Stage 2 owner very interested in moving up to Stage 4. Question: can it be configured such that an Aux keyboard can play the synths as a split ( example- top keyboard (midi controller) plays synth layer 1 lower half and synth layer 2 upper half)?

11 hours ago, DrJam said:

Long time Stage 2 owner very interested in moving up to Stage 4. Question: can it be configured such that an Aux keyboard can play the synths as a split ( example- top keyboard (midi controller) plays synth layer 1 lower half and synth layer 2 upper half)?

Yes, the three synth engines are freely assignable to the fixed splits.  

• Thanks 1

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"