Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sentimental about Gear

I am pretty easily attached to instruments which have meant some important step on my musical journey, as the old Fesma Granada 49 electronic piano which my parents bought for my brother and me at the end of 1970s-beginning 1980s, even if I did not play it but scarcely over a very long timespan. But it was when I was decided to let it go, five years ago (February 2018), when the urge to finally learn to play the piano set in. And, of course, I ended not selling it! 😅

Another important instrument in my short keyboard history is the Yamaha SY77, which was my first synth, bought precisely when I realised that the old Fesma was not going to be a suitable keyboard.

Then I got and, incredibly (for me 😅), sold two years later, a Yamaha DGX660. It was my first weighted keyboard and really liked it. But I needed the space for my lovely 1976 Yamaha U3H, which I am pretty sure won't sell easily, as it is my first acoustic and am very fond of it.

The Montage (well, the two of them) will be also probably keepers for a long time. As will be the Kawai VPC1, which for me is probably the best spent money on my musical journey.

Another instrument I hope to keep for a long time is my Yamaha Genos. It sits now basically unused, but keep my hope to play arrangements on it, when my playing improves and so I don't sound like sh*t playing it 😬

I have plenty other desktop and rack synths which, except for iconic ones, as the DX7, M1, D50, FS1R and such, will probably sell to fund my future grand or hybrid piano.

So, as you see, even having a short musical life so far (because the first 40+ years of it was basically inexistent), I am pretty deep on instrument attachment! 🤣

Jose

• Like 2