Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The creepiest place I have ever photographed at night

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting that; I always like the stuff from Moundsville!  Have you guys ever thought of doing a workshop there?

For me, the creepiest places would have to be some of the abandoned buildings I've shot inside of, day or night, such as this abandoned high school in Gary Indiana.  Nighttime is when the scrappers come out to do their "work", and I am sure they aren't the kind of people I'd want to run into.  I am sure a D750 is worth more than the aluminum window frames or whatever else they are getting on an average night.

This was from a couple years ago....  It was a full moon outside, but I did pop inside for just this one photo using only light from the Protomachine.  This place has had a lot of bad things happen in it since it closed back in 2004 or so.  Supposedly the city has tried to crack down on trespassers in the old schools, going so far as to impound vehicles and haul violators downtown for booking.  But I doubt they are watching as closely at night.

EDIT:  Link isn't working....   I will fix it tonight!

Okay, yeah, I was reading along thinking, "Hmmmm....I don't see a photo..." :D

But yes, copper thieves, tweakers, scrappers, etc. can be quite dangerous, and I really try to avoid that. If I see people like that, I'm gone. On to the next place.

No, we have not ever discussed doing a workshop in Moundsville. I suppose I can bring it up. That place is amazing.