Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NH0P and a pretty good piano player.

I didn’t know that. 

I play Take the A Train.  Oscar did many fiery upbeat renditions of A Train but, my favorite version that I based my arrangement on is this slow one. It grooves hard and I love the bass in the intro.  These two were great together.  I want to play like Oscar when I grow up. 

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

When I was a kid I found an old vinyl in my late father's discothèque (that's how they called it back there 😉) "Oscar Peterson and Count Basie: 'Satch and Josh'". Being unable to understand the English liner notes, I asked my father to translate it to me. The story in the liner notes made a great impression then and still resonates with me today, almost 50 years later the story in the liner notes. A true Giant! If a few words the story was that of two baseball players, one good one phenomenal. The good one ask his friend to let him score the ball this coming match as his mother would be in the stadium. The good one says sur, but when the day of the match comes he does gis thing: he is too good to let his art go. Supposedly this was a story told by Basie to draw his statues VS Peterson (a big exagération of course but a good example to underline Peterson's genius coming from another genius)

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands