Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Beach Boys Grammy salute on CBS tonight

Winners of the Grammy for Lifetime Achievement (but never of a competitive Grammy award, surprisingly), The Beach Boys are the subject of a Grammy salute concert tonight. CBS has been airing a bunch of Grammys salutes over the years--they've done a few Beatles tributes, if I remember correctly.

A Grammy Salute to the Beach Boys will premiere on CBS Sunday, April 9 at 8/7c.

The special will feature performances from St. Vincent, My Morning Jacket, Norah Jones, Charlie Puth and others along with special appearances by Tom Hanks, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen and more, according to grammy.com.

Those who have already ditched basic cable can still live stream the two-hour tribute special with FuboTV or Paramount+.

If you’re not sure which streaming service to go with, we can give you the rundown.

What is the different between FuboTV and Paramount+?

Paramount+ offers a variety shows from popular channels such as Nickelodeon, VH1, MTV, Comedy Central, BET and, most recently, CBS All-Access that allows users to live stream certain content (such as A Grammy Salute to the Beach Boys).

Subscribers can either select the essentials plan for $4.99 a month with limited ads or the premium package for $9.99 a month without ads. However, you will need the premium package to live-stream A Grammy Salute to the Beach Boys special. Those who select the essentials plan will be able to stream the special the next day.

First time Paramount+ subscribers can also take advantage of its 1-week free trial and watch for free before committing to anything.

Meanwhile, FuboTV is meant for those looking for an alternative to a regular cable subscription.

It’s a sports-focused streaming service with over 100 live channels to choose from that include shows like Saturday Night Live, Yellowstone, The Voice and much more for $74.99 a month.

FuboTV also offers a free trial for first time subscribers.

And if you're not a fan of the Beach Boys, perhaps you can just stay at home and listen to Brian Wilson's Smile as an alternative. It wouldn't hurt.

I will be watching, though.

• Like 1

My girlfriend and I tuned in in time to hear Brandi Carlisle & John Legend do "God Only Knows". We both looked at each other and said "No, I want to hear Carl Wilson sing that one. You can't improve on perfection." So that's as far as we got before going to YouTube to hear the original.

• Like 4
Scott Fraser

The Beatles were often quoted as saying that Pet Sounds influenced them while they were creating Sgt. Peppers.

I didn't see the show. California boy here, The Beach Boys were inescapable. I got their album with Little Deuce Couple on it when it came out. 

• Like 4
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I know I'm repeating myself, but Carl Wilson may be the reason I started playing guitar. My grandfather saw The Beach Boys in 1964 when he was 12 and Carl Wilson was the reason he took up guitar, thus I took up guitar. He has everything The Beach Boys recorded. He also, to our embarrassment, sang Surfer Girl for mother daughter dance at my mother's wedding.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
Jenny S.

6 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

California boy here, The Beach Boys were inescapable. I got their album with Little Deuce Couple on it when it came out. 

Yup. I still have a 7" vinyl of "Surfin' USA" which I played a million times when I was about 12.

• Like 4
  • Cool 1
Scott Fraser

As a California surf kid, I grew up on the Beach Boys music loving just about every tune. I grew up on the Ventures, Beatles and Elvis too LoL!  I only got to watch the 1st hour of the show then my wife had to watch one of her favorite shows, so I missed the second half.  I thought the part I got to watch was excellent and with a few exceptions, everything was extremely well done.  The backup band and singers were excellent.  Having most of the Beach Boys watching overhead in the audience was very cool and you could tell that they really appreciated the performances as did the whole audience!  Here's an act I wish they would have included and it's one of my favorite Beach Boy vids! 😎👍

• Like 3
Take care, Larryz