Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Floor stands for QSC K12's in home setting

I have two K12's in my recreation room that I would like to place on the floor.  Right now they are elevated at ear level and I want to lower them closer to the floor, mainly for aesthetics.  My rec room is about 20 feet wide and 14 feet deep and they are placed about 10 feet apart along the far wall.  What I want is some kind of stand that would lift them about a foot off the floor and tilt / angle them upwards about 15 degrees into the middle of the room.  I'm not very handy so was hoping you guys could recommend some kind of off the shelf product.

Thanks

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

Here’s what I use.  Any 1-step stool will work fine.  You do indeed want them off the floor by several inches - they sound MUCH better:

Gorilla Ladders 
1-Step Plastic Step Stool with 300 lbs. Load Capacity

Model # GLP-1S 

(1521)

image.thumb.png.4b543ab2d27c74e21eaafbbee3af0761.png

Ludwig van Beethoven:  “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”

My Rig: Yamaha MOXF8 (used mostly for acoustic piano voices); Motion Sound KP-612SX & SL-512.

I was gonna suggest those, since I've been using them with my K8s on all my gigs since I got the QSCs over 13 years ago. The old K8s can't be used as floor monitors without a hack, which is fine since I put them on the footsools vertically and can even tilt them up a bit due to the angled design of the cabinet at the bottom. Unlike a monitoring situation, I don't want the speakers pointing at my ears; in my setup they're below ear level.

image.png.f352942252925c7d482cb4275cc7c940.png

Of course their small size, folding design and light weight is great for gigging. I've seen these footstools at dollar stores, and Harbor Freight has their own version too.

This forum is so amazing.  Thank you!  Just ordered two of the Gorilla stands .... also, did not realize that they could be pointed up by putting them on their sides.  Appreciate it!

• Like 1

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

2 hours ago, cassdad said:

Here’s what I use.  Any 1-step stool will work fine.  You do indeed want them off the floor by several inches - they sound MUCH better:

Coupled to the floor they are often waayyy too bassy. I always set the back switch to Ext Sub, removing all the low frequencies, which worked much better.

YMMV

• Like 2

i use a similar item for gigging. "Heritage Living" makes them in 9" and 13" heights, i opted for the 13". i use to use black milk crates but esthetically they didnt look great and it was one more thing to carry in. the heritage living folds up to 2" thick and i stick it in my speaker carry bag. comes in different colors and looks good for the stage.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

1 hour ago, jerrythek said:

Coupled to the floor they are often waayyy too bassy. I always set the back switch to Ext Sub, removing all the low frequencies, which worked much better.

YMMV

I agree.

To the OP - glad you've ordered something! But, just for future info - guitar amp stands are available if the floor is just a bit low - and the speakers end up being to bassy!